Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 2:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « HELP »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   HELP
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HELP  (Read 245 times)
davidCH
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

HELP
« on: Aug 3rd, 2004, 3:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was diagnosed with chronic cephalgia.  This nightmare started 14 weeks ago with severe pain on the right-side of my face.  I have had an MRI and a CAT scan, both of which were normal.  The only relief I have found is a trip to the ER where they give me a shot of demerol and sent me home, but this relief is short lived.  I hve tried most the triptan type drugs but they send my BP through the roof and no OTC drug seems to phase the pain, nor biofeed back.  As of yet, no doctor will prescribe more than 20 pills of narcotics (usually lortab) and that is suppose to be a month supply, for pain that last all day and all night.  I am not drug seeking I just want the pain to go away.  I feel I am at the end of my rope and losing control.  ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
marfanoidus
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

marfanoidus  
Email

Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: Aug 3rd, 2004, 3:23pm »

Hey David,

Sorry you're having pain. Since I know someone is going to ask, I'll be the first.

You said you've been diagnosed with 'chronic cephalgia' - which, when translated, means chronic headaches.  

Could you give some more of the gory details about what your HAs are like - location, frequency, other weird things that might be happening to your face/head when they strike?

Cluster HAs are rather syptomatic, so tell us more of your symptoms.  Wink
IP Logged

Sometimes "What doesn't kill you" makes you wish it had.
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 3rd, 2004, 3:33pm »

on Aug 3rd, 2004, 3:07pm, davidCH wrote:
pain that last all day and all night.  

Sorry to hear about all the pain. But, what you're experiencing doesn't sound like cluster pain. Sorry, I can't help you out. I'm ONLY a clusterhead ...

PS. Taking all those narcotics will only make your headaches worse and last longer. (rebound headaches) Better find a good neuro and a good preventive (if possible)

Unsolved
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2004, 3:34pm by UN_SOLVED » IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 3rd, 2004, 3:34pm »

on Aug 3rd, 2004, 3:23pm, marfanoidus wrote:
Hey David,

Sorry you're having pain. Since I know someone is going to ask, I'll be the first.

You said you've been diagnosed with 'chronic cephalgia' - which, when translated, means chronic headaches.  

Could you give some more of the gory details about what your HAs are like - location, frequency, other weird things that might be happening to your face/head when they strike?

Cluster HAs are rather syptomatic, so tell us more of your symptoms.  Wink

You beat me to it!!

Seriously though....
David,  
What kind of "Chronic Headaches" do you have?
Going to need a correct diagnosis other than just chronic headache
http://www.clusterheadaches.org/library/general/ihs.htm (don't diagnose yourself but go to your doctor armed for battle)
to obviusly get the appropriate treatment.

God luck!!
Whatever pain one has sucks!! But CH... WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss