Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:59pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The day after a big one »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   The day after a big one
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The day after a big one  (Read 371 times)
alan_nickie
New Board Newbie
England 

Alan is He nickie is she - in this together

The day after a big one
« on: Aug 1st, 2004, 7:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is my first posting having only discovered this site today.  Last night I had a major attack wich lasted almost 2 hours, I am prescribed nothing to abort my headaches and take Prednisalone as a preventative.  I made the mistake of having 1 pint of larger ( man did I pay for it).  
My question is this.  How do people feel the next day, as today I feel as if I have a major hangover, cant concentrate and I am extremley tired (though I am having difficulty sleeping)  I normally cope ok after a big one, but I feel wiped out.   is this a common occurrance after an attack?
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: The day after a big one
« Reply #1 on: Aug 1st, 2004, 8:28am »

on Aug 1st, 2004, 7:26am, alan_nickie wrote:
This is my first posting having only discovered this site today.  Last night I had a major attack wich lasted almost 2 hours, I am prescribed nothing to abort my headaches and take Prednisalone as a preventative.  I made the mistake of having 1 pint of larger ( man did I pay for it).  
My question is this.  How do people feel the next day, as today I feel as if I have a major hangover, cant concentrate and I am extremley tired (though I am having difficulty sleeping)  I normally cope ok after a big one, but I feel wiped out.   is this a common occurrance after an attack?

1)There is a wealth of info here so take advantage of all the great people and their advice and educate yourself as much as you can!

2)Why suffer?!
GET SOME SORT OF ABORTIVE!!! O2!!!!, triptans,
Some other meds as preventatives besides the steroids maybe.

3)I have yet to cocktail during a cycle so I wouldn't know but to answer your question about "how do you feel the next day?"

This cycle i felt like any other day...
againand againand..... hits all day long but no particuliar pattern
wiped out and worrying about the next one!
It sucks!!
 but for me at least the past couple of weeks seem to have me winding down. Meds?? Natural end of cycle?? Who knows? but with the exception of a few breakthroughs I've been more than functioning and overall happy again.

Best to ya!!
Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 1st, 2004, 11:00am »

Hello Alan,

I am sorry that you have to be here.  For me, the next day after a bad HA is always a mess.  I generally feel like a zombie and am more prone to further HA's.  My advice: Get some abortive (Imitrex nasal sprays work for me), and LEAVE THE ALCOHOL ALONE!  I have found as little as one sip of alcohol will start a HA of serious proportions.  I've had my cycle since may and it sucks that I've gone most of the summer without a beer.  But it's better than being in horrendous pain.  Alcohol will give me Kip 9's or 10's (see scale to the left) every time.

Best of luck to you,

John
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
ex_pat_asia
New Board Veteran
Malaysia 

"Sometimes the wolves lie down and the Moon howls

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 1st, 2004, 11:41am »

on Aug 1st, 2004, 11:00am, IndianaJohn wrote:
Kip 9's or 10's (see scale to the left) every time.

OFF TOPIC
I see many references on these boards to "see left".  But on my display I don't see anything left of the reply frame. Should I be seeing something?  

If you mean the list of links I see those only at the main web index page. But not on the threads.

Let me know as I'm curious.
Thanks
IP Logged

ex_pat_asia
"Work like you don't need the money,
dance like no one is watching,
love like you'll never get hurt" - Anon.
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 1st, 2004, 12:46pm »

Hi ex pat,

You should be seeing the same list of links that you see on the main page.  Why you don't, I have no clue, but the resources there are outstanding.

John
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
don

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 1st, 2004, 3:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I dont see the buttons either. Has something to do with the browser. Use the "opera" browser and they are there.
IP Logged
ex_pat_asia
New Board Veteran
Malaysia 

"Sometimes the wolves lie down and the Moon howls

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 1st, 2004, 7:19pm »

on Aug 1st, 2004, 12:46pm, IndianaJohn wrote:

You should be seeing the same list of links that you see on the main page.  Why you don't, I have no clue, but the resources there are outstanding.

Oh well.. I think the client software for this bb is a bit buggy.  

on Aug 1st, 2004, 12:46pm, Don wrote:

I dont see the buttons either. Has something to do with the browser. Use the "opera" browser and they are there.

Yep, I see that. Thanks Don
IP Logged

ex_pat_asia
"Work like you don't need the money,
dance like no one is watching,
love like you'll never get hurt" - Anon.
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 1st, 2004, 8:18pm »

BACK ON TOPIC

Alan, for me, as I get into the latter half of my cycles, I begin to get "days after" that are pretty much like you describe and usually accompianied with a nice all-day shadow. I attribute a lot of this to all the interrupted sleep, but I'm sure some of it is due to the general energy required to fight off the attacks. Even if I'm aborting them well, I will still feel like shit the next day occassionally.

I assume it just comes with the territory. Sure makes working a drag on days like that, though. Sometimes, I'll take a day off just to lay around the house and sort of recover. Much like I would do with a major hangover!

BTW, welcome to clusterville, Alan. You say you have just discovered this site. Well, if it's cluster's you've got, you've come to the right place. Read everthing you can here, especially the links on the menu to the left. There are lots of things to try for aborting and preventing attacks, but like e-double said, at least get some sort of abortive. A good abortive goes a long way towards making living with the beast more bearable. Definitely get OXYGEN  and use it correctly - an excellent abortive for a majority of sufferers.

Good luck finding relief. I know you can find it here.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 1st, 2004, 10:56pm »

Imagine getting "The Big Ones" several times a day  ....everyday (and night)

It's like putting your head through a brick wall several times a day ... And when you wake in the morning ...You KNOW it's all going to happen all over again.

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #9 on: Aug 2nd, 2004, 4:02am »

on Aug 1st, 2004, 11:41am, ex_pat_asia wrote:

OFF TOPIC
I see many references on these boards to "see left".  But on my display I don't see anything left of the reply frame. Should I be seeing something?  

If you mean the list of links I see those only at the main web index page. But not on the threads.

Let me know as I'm curious.
Thanks

It's probably because you have bookmarked the BBS, as have I...
Just delete everything behind "http://www.clusterheadaches.com", hit enter  and it will take you to the main page. Then once you enter from there you will see the links on the left.
IP Logged

Chris
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss