Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Question about low level CH's »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Question about low level CH's
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Question about low level CH's  (Read 248 times)
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

Question about low level CH's
« on: Jul 30th, 2004, 5:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello everybody,

I had a question about something out of the ordinary that happend to me yesterday.  I am currently on 480mg of verapamil, 300mg neurontin at bedtime and have Imitrex nasal sprays for abortive.

Tuesday night I had a solid Kip 9 followed by two K7's one right after the other.  My Rx for the imitrex hadn't come in so I just suffered through it.  I had taken the Neurontin as directed that evening, along with my 2x daily verapamil.

The next day I had K3's ALL DAY.  I could feel them come and go, but there was really no relief between HA's during the day.  I could tell that they were CH because the pain areas were typical of all of my other CH attacks.  All on the right side, behind the eye, the jaw muscle, the smooth muscles on my forehead, and the back of my head.  All the areas where I experience pain from CH.  I finally got the Imitrex I needed and they went away.  Wednesday really was a trying day.

My question: Has anyone had an episode where you've suffered through one or multiple severe HA's then the next day had low level ones that just wouldn't quit?  

I didn't classify them as shadows because my shadows are more like tension headaches and these were much worse.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

John
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

Re: Question about low level CH's
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30th, 2004, 7:34pm »

I've experienced ha's like that for months at a time. But I'm atypical... My last cycle was a little over 2 yrs long, and perhaps 1/3 were headaches like you describe.
More than a shadow, but not a full blown cluster.  
Kinda like a raging CH, but there's a layer of insulation between it and my head. It hurts like hell, but you know it could be much worse. Typically I experience those in the first months of my cycle for the most part, then they become increasingly more defined and painful.
IP Logged

Chris
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30th, 2004, 8:50pm »

Shadows by any other name are still shadows.

When I'm at the peak of a cycle - even with high levels of Verapamil - I have a constant (1-2) shadow that ramps up to a 4-5 at my peak biological clock times, then down to a 1-2 again.  Of course, when I'm at a cycle peak, I'm also having my worst full-blown CH's (thank you Imitrex!).

So .... maybe, you're at the top of your cycle.  If so, each day that follows should get a little bit better and easier.  Keep a good thought!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30th, 2004, 8:55pm »

That is shadows for me....

The sort of low level attacks that sort of hang there all freaking day.....won't go nowhere....irritate the hell out of you....

My office is an ice box...I wear heavy sweaters to work in 80 degree weather and have a mexican blanket on my desk chair in case I get really cold and have to wrap up and yesterday I sat there with an ice pack held to my head at my desk all day to boot!  Yeah I know what you are talking about...intimately!!!
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
kimh
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What don't kill ya makes ya stronger

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30th, 2004, 9:14pm »

yep, have had that happen.  Good news is that for me usually indicates the cycle is coming to an end and better days are ahead***

well wishes****
IP Logged
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31st, 2004, 8:08pm »

Thanks everybody, maybe, just maybe this cycle is ending.  God how I hope so...
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss