Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Vision problems... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Vision problems...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Vision problems...  (Read 307 times)
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

Vision problems...
« on: Jul 24th, 2004, 5:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just curious how many folks have vision problems (OTHER THAN TEARS) only during an attack...

Personally, if I can keep my eye dry long enough, my vision is just fine during an attack.  An ER doc actually tested my vision a little over a year ago during an attack and I tested better than 20/20 with both eyes...I was about a kip 8 at the time.  She played hell keeping me standing at the line.  Grin

I do not have any light sensitivity either...

The pain is in my eye during an attack, with some pain radiating in the orbital region, but it does not hurt more or feel any better whether I have the eye open or closed.  

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
plazticsoul
New Board Newbie
USA 

Maybe I'll feel like it tomorrow...

Re: Vision problems...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24th, 2004, 11:09pm »

I have only woke up to blurred vision in one eye during an attack once. Otherwise no vision problems. 20/20. Severe orbital pain though, like a needle twisting through that eye when I move it around a lot during an attack. And when I don't move it, it feels like it's just going to pop out, but fortunately the droopy eyelid is holding it tightly in place  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

"Marge, where's that... metal dealy... you use to... dig... food?"
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25th, 2004, 10:49am »

When I have a kip 8 or higher, my vision starts to blur.  I get the light sensitivity and all that.  Eyelid starts drooping and tearing.  But at that level my vision definately deteriorates.
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
Samantha_Smith
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25th, 2004, 4:22pm »

Yes, I often get vision problems when the pain is centered around my eye.  My pupil just stays wide open---I can't focus it at all.  Nothing is wrong and I've been checked out by my GP, opthamolagist, and neuro-opthamolagist.  Samantha
IP Logged

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm."
floridian

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25th, 2004, 7:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My eye starts twitching a few weeks before a cycle.  I get some eyelid drooping and difficulty focusing for a time after the cycle is over.
IP Logged
Big Dan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

SMASH BRAIN!

Danboyceccg   DanielNBoyce
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 26th, 2004, 1:55am »

When I was younger and would get bad migraines (don't anymore), my right eye would get so bloodshot that everything seemed to have a pink coloration....

.... but... nothing with the CH...

Doesn't say much though... I'm blind as a gawdamn bat...

Oh, and Floridian... I've had my eyebrow twitch, on the CH side, before and during a cycle too... for weeks on end, never stopping...

... strange.

-Big Dan
IP Logged

Not going anywhere for a while?...

... Grab a Snickers, Fatass.
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #6 on: Jul 26th, 2004, 3:20pm »

My eye does seem to blur a little durring the attack.  Probably secondary to tearing.  

Good Vibes

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 27th, 2004, 11:34pm »

on Jul 25th, 2004, 7:57pm, floridian wrote:
My eye starts twitching a few weeks before a cycle.  I get some eyelid drooping and difficulty focusing for a time after the cycle is over.
 OMG doesn't that twitching drive you nutz... that happens to me for months on end... but Im a Migrainer......... Dave also gets a twitch in cycle.... You could swear that everyone can see your eye twitching... its awful............ ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
k9n8
New Board Newbie
USA 

finding ways around something becomes a circle

« Reply #8 on: Jul 28th, 2004, 5:30pm »

I have noticed that during and after an attack, my left eye sees noticably worse than my right eye. I have seen this pretty much evey time I have a CH, but only when it climbed up past a 7 or 8. If I abort it, no weirdness. I always suspected it was the left side of my head returning to normal after being rooter-reemed.
IP Logged

"GOOD, BAD, I'M THE GUY WITH THE GUN." -Ash
thomas

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 28th, 2004, 5:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I usually can't see a damn thing in the affected eye, because it is closed and my palm is trying to push it through the back of my skull.
IP Logged
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 28th, 2004, 9:00pm »

When I'm in cycle, whichever side is getting hit for that cycle, my eye is bloodshot on one side of my eye and my vision is vey blurry. When the cycle ends, I can see again. I've had to cancel eye appt.'s because of this.

purpleydog
IP Logged

Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jul 28th, 2004, 9:13pm »

I'm with Thomas on this one.  But since the majority of my attacks come between 10:00 and Midnight, my contacts are usually out.  I guess I wouldn't know if I had vision problems!

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss