Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 2:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone watch the clock during an attack?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone watch the clock during an attack??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone watch the clock during an attack??  (Read 391 times)
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

Anyone watch the clock during an attack??
« on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 4:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Friggin time seems to stand still doesn't it?
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
floridian

Email

Re: Anyone watch the clock during an attack??
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 4:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

No. (I don't watch the clock during an attack).  

On the other hand, its 4:51 on friday afternoon - watching the clock now.  Cheesy
IP Logged
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Into the jaws of the Beast we ride!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 5:33pm »

I usually check the time at the beast wakes me up.  Just to see how regular he is.  Amazing isn't he, just like an alarm clock.  After that I'm too busy dealing with the CH to even think about time.
IP Logged

Did my brains fall out or is this headache over?
Ueli

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 6:16pm »

When my attacks were still untreated and full grown, I didn't measure the length in hours and minutes but in number of cigarillos smoked.

Ueli                 smokin                 smokin                 smokin                 smokin                 smokin

IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 6:21pm »

I watch it like a hawk. My attacks are pretty predictable and I like to know how much time I have left being dragged under the train.
IP Logged
kimh
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What don't kill ya makes ya stronger

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 6:29pm »

Yes.  The eternity of 'about an hour' -- i talk to myself "how long has it been"....

Clock watcher

IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 6:29pm »

I'll glance at the clock when i'm first woken up by the a-hole, then i will glance a couple more times to see how much time i have left before the a-hole leaves.  Somehow seeing only 5 min. left brings a little piece of mind to me damaged brain.
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 6:45pm »

Yep.  Before I go to bed, during a cluster, I set my watch and a bunch of tissue on the coffee table in front of my cluster chair.  I also set the towel to wrap the ice bag in, next to the refrigerator.

Don't need a clock in the bedroom.  It will hit exactly 1 1/2 hours after I go to sleep.  Even today, after not having a cluster for 2 1/2 years, I wake up 1 1/2 hours after going to sleep, every night!
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 7:51pm »

Cannot watch anything for long. I kept track of the time (sorta) once when someone on the board asked how long the HA lasts.  In the night, I may or may not look at a clock when I am awakened, but as far as watching the clock????  I have watched the oxygen tank pressure guage do down a time or two.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #9 on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 8:28pm »

on Jul 23rd, 2004, 6:29pm, Melissa wrote:
I'll glance at the clock when i'm first woken up by the a-hole, then i will glance a couple more times to see how much time i have left before the a-hole leaves.  Somehow seeing only 5 min. left brings a little piece of mind to me damaged brain.

I do it for the exact reason Mel does.  Only when woken with it heading up full steam.  Using nasal imitrex, it takes time to catch up and overtake the beast.  Looking at the clock as soon as I take a dose helps.  I know when I have 20,15,10, or 5 more minutes to endure.  It gives me hope.  Sometimes it can be 40 minutes.  The last 10 minutes can be important to know after a 30 minute bout.  
  I've just added oxygen now for next episode. So far abort time was shorter at end of this cycle with it.  Maybe the clock won't be as important next time for me. It has been though in the past.

Kevin M
IP Logged
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #10 on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 8:51pm »

Yes i look at the clock at the onset of a headache and then a few times during to see how long i have yet to indure.  then after it is over check it to write down the time and log it.

Every morning at 2:30 am i have been gettting a visit during this cycle.

Last evening i set the timer on the tv to 60 minutes and fell asleep when i woke up with pain the tv was flashing 3 minutes yet till it shut off .  so now i think the time is going to change to 1:30 am as that is what time i was woken up last night.
IP Logged
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 9:56pm »

No, I don't watch the clock when I'm getting hit. I can't even SEE the fuckin' clock when I'm getting hit. Time stands still...

purpleydog
IP Logged

cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 24th, 2004, 1:03pm »

look at aclock heel know it hurts to much any form of light is equal to way more pain in my house when i got to sleep anything that makes light is unplugged . but i do know i hour after falling asleep i will be up and begging to be knocked out
IP Logged
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jul 24th, 2004, 5:20pm »

on Jul 23rd, 2004, 6:21pm, don wrote:
I watch it like a hawk. My attacks are pretty predictable and I like to know how much time I have left being dragged under the train.

Yep, me too. There's a clock on my desk which I stare at while standing in the middle of the room breathing my o2.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
CJohnson
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Cannot kill the family, Battery is found in me

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jul 26th, 2004, 8:16am »

When I run on the treadmill, instead of doing squats, I look at the timer on the treadmill. It always takes between 8 and 11 minutes for the attack to subside completely.  

PFDANs
-Curtis
IP Logged

Through water and fire. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought the Beast. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Diane_W.
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #15 on: Aug 2nd, 2004, 7:02pm »

Hi
I'm new and very happy to have found this site.  I watch the clock to know how much longer I have till the pain stops, sometimes they only last 30 min, but I swear it seems like time stands still when the beast has got me.  To me the beast seems evil and vindictive, just waiting until whatever meds you are on wear off so it can strike.
I had 2 bad ones last night and today I am whooped! The left side of my face is tender to the touch. Does anyone else ever get the same after effect?
IP Logged
usnad
New Board Newbie
USA 

I push my fingers into my eyes......

navyd2005
Email

« Reply #16 on: Aug 2nd, 2004, 8:27pm »

EXACTLY two hours after I fall a sleep it wakes me, dont matter if i fall asleep at 10pm or 3am, then this cycle it is one hellish hour, then a passout/sleep till its time to go to work.  Last cycle was 1.5 hours, one before that was 2 hours exactly.  Maybe next cycle will be 30mins, yea fat chance..
Dave
IP Logged
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #17 on: Aug 2nd, 2004, 8:42pm »

I guess I'm like Ueli, I measure my attacks in the nuber of cigsarettes I've smoked and how much ice tea, pepsi or coke I have.  One cig and a 1/4 glass is a mild one, 2 cigs and 1/2 can is pretty bad.  3 cigs and a whole glass means I'm getting the shit kicked out of me.  By then I've "Trexed up" somewhere between 1 and 2 and haven't gone for 4th.
IP Logged

Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #18 on: Aug 2nd, 2004, 8:42pm »

Try and explain to your family or friends why you can't make plans for the next month or so because you expect you won't be very good company.  

That's the clock I watch in particular.  A cycle brings me a HA every night between 9:00 and 11:00.  Kind of puts a crimp in the old social life.

Since I discovered Imitrex injects, at least I know it won't be around for more than a few minutes.  But I sure wouldn't want those few minutes to happen during dinner, a movie, or a concert!   Unless it was an REM concert - then maybe I'd chance it.

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
IndianaJohn
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #19 on: Aug 2nd, 2004, 8:46pm »

I absolutely hate to go out when I'm in cycle.  It never fails, the beast tracks me down and kicks my ass.  Even with the Trex, I'm pretty wiped out afterwards and not a lot of fun to be around.
IP Logged

Gabbahey
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

HRe: Anyone watch the clock during an attack??
« Reply #20 on: Aug 3rd, 2004, 2:01am »

Hi, new to the board!  Anyway I definately am a clock watcher once one starts up anyway.  Used to be 60 min and then I could count on the thing ending....unfortunately with my current cycle it's been more like 3 hours.
However mine don't seem to start at the same time, and are currently every other day with this cycle.  
Regards
Andy
IP Logged
sturgida
New Board Newbie
USA 

Hey Ya'll

« Reply #21 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 5:39pm »

on Jul 23rd, 2004, 6:29pm, kimh wrote:
Yes.  The eternity of 'about an hour'

kimh

I agree with you on this one. And that is why I can't look at a clock or anythinig while I'm having my ass kicked by the evil sucubus. If I look at my watch and know that I have even as little as a minute left of pain I would commit hara kari!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss