Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Premonitory Symptoms @ 8 wks »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Premonitory Symptoms @ 8 wks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Premonitory Symptoms @ 8 wks  (Read 775 times)
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

Premonitory Symptoms @ 8 wks
« on: Jul 18th, 2004, 1:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I happened to come across the info below. It was news to me that symptoms might be discernible 8 weeks before the CHs start. Might be useful for those interested in using mushrooms to prevent a cycle from getting started.

"Symptoms of Cluster Headache
Cluster symptoms tend to occur during months that are warmer and have more daylight. The course of symptoms varies and may include the following:

About 10% of patients experience so-called premonitory symptoms from one day to 8 weeks before a cluster headache attack. They can include fatigue, neck ache, stiffness, odd sensations in the limbs, an extreme sensitivity in the area where the headache will develop. "

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/ucdhs/health/a-z/99HEADACHESCLUSTER/doc99cl uster.html
IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Premonitory Symptoms @ 8 wks
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18th, 2004, 7:27pm »

on Jul 18th, 2004, 1:18am, pam s wrote:
I happened to come across the info below. It was news to me that symptoms might be discernible 8 weeks before the CHs start. In my 30 years of clusters I've never had 8 weeks notice of an attack coming. I've never had one week notice. But then, we're all different. Might be useful for those interested in using mushrooms to prevent a cycle from getting started.

"Symptoms of Cluster Headache
Cluster symptoms tend to occur during months that are warmer and have more daylight. I live in the desert and the sun shines brightly every day of the year. Most of my clusters were 6 to 8 weeks long during November to March time periods. But then, we're all different. The course of symptoms varies and may include the following:

About 10% of patients experience so-called premonitory symptoms from one day to 8 weeks before a cluster headache attack. They can include fatigue, neck ache, stiffness, odd sensations in the limbs, Speaking only for myself, I have never had nech ache, stiffness or odd sensations in the limbs. But then, we're all different. an extreme sensitivity in the area where the headache will develop. "

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/ucdhs/health/a-z/99HEADACHESCLUSTER/doc99cl uster.html

I looked at the site and it does seem to be rather accurate over all. Thanks.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
floridian

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19th, 2004, 4:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I get disturbed sleep, twitching eyes, wierd sensations in fingers and toes, and am somewhat manic.  For me, it is usually 2-4 weeks notice.  When these symptoms set in (especially waking up at 4 or 5 am) I start taking 5-htp in the day and melatonin before bed. I also up my intake of magnesium, decaf tea and turmeric.
IP Logged
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19th, 2004, 5:16pm »

on Jul 19th, 2004, 4:09pm, floridian wrote:
I get disturbed sleep, twitching eyes, wierd sensations in fingers and toes, and am somewhat manic.  For me, it is usually 2-4 weeks notice.  When these symptoms set in (especially waking up at 4 or 5 am) I start taking 5-htp in the day and melatonin before bed. I also up my intake of magnesium, decaf tea and turmeric.  

And what's the net effect of doing these things?  

It's useful to have the train blow its whistle before it hits you -- you can jump out of the way or at least only get your leg run over. So I guess I will try to keep my ear to the tracks.  

My default modus operandi is to stay in denial as long as possible, even after I am having low kips -- and in fact sometimes I do have false alarms.  

Pam
IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19th, 2004, 10:25pm »

Not me ... I get hit from behind ... don't even see it coming. ( Well, I used to before I became ChOniC ! )

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss