Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:58pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Clusters and temporal lobe epilepsy »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Clusters and temporal lobe epilepsy
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clusters and temporal lobe epilepsy  (Read 418 times)
Antipode
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Peas are Nature's candy

Email

Clusters and temporal lobe epilepsy
« on: Jul 15th, 2004, 8:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I live with your basic migraine and a bi-monthly cluster attack I can pretty much pencil in on a calendar, but does ANYONE out there have clusters and temporal lobe epilepsy as well?

Antipode

IP Logged

S-Antipode
pubgirl

Email

Re: Clusters and temporal lobe epilepsy
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15th, 2004, 8:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello Antipode

Seem to remember that Charlie has epilepsy and CH as well?? He may be at the convention at the moment though so may not see this.

Wendy

Just a question also, have you been diagnosed with CH by a neuro as they don't come bi-monthly.

« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2004, 8:54pm by pubgirl » IP Logged
Antipode
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Peas are Nature's candy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15th, 2004, 9:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Wendy!
Thanks for your concern. I've been diagnosed for a long time. My CH are chronic and regular enough for me to have a pretty good idea when to 'expect' to get slammed. They go away for a few weeks at a time. Then I'll wake up with one raging and finally, after eight years of marriage, my husband know NOT to call out to me to come back to bed if I get up and start comtemplating pulling out my eye. The dog seems to know too.

I've know some people with epilepy also get migraines--the aura, the barfing, the photosensitivity etc, but I was curious to know if anyone had CH and Epilepsy as well .  

--Antipode
IP Logged

S-Antipode
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15th, 2004, 9:18pm »

Chronic = unable to achieve 30 consecutive pain free days within one year.
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 15th, 2004, 9:30pm »

Sorry Antipode

I still don't understand. Forgive me for being nosy, but what does 'regular enough' mean? Migraines are regular, CH cycles are unpredictable, and they don't normally go away for a few weeks, and they certainly don't occur bi-monthly, that's migraines.

What are the symptoms that have caused the CH diagnosis? (being woken at night and having eye agony don't make a Ch diagnosis correct)

I'm not trying to upset you here, it's just that nowadays many headache conditions are being wrongly diagnosed as CH now that CH is better known and it is important that the diagnosis is spot-on or the treatment will be wrong.

Wendy
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16th, 2004, 8:54am »

Some epilepsy meds are also used to treat migraines and clusters (depakote aka valproic acid or valproate).  

Nope, clusters, panic, & depression.  Some panic attacks resemble epilepsy, but not mine.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss