Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 28th, 2024, 9:33pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « VIOXX »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   VIOXX
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: VIOXX  (Read 1053 times)
ex_pat_asia
New Board Veteran
Malaysia 

"Sometimes the wolves lie down and the Moon howls

Email

Re: VIOXX
« Reply #25 on: Aug 13th, 2004, 1:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 30th, 2004, 12:37pm, brokenfingers wrote:
It seems that there can be some very bad side effects as a result of using Vioxx, see below

http://www.mn015c1411.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Lawsuit_Vioxx.htm

NSAIDS are notorious for the  list of side affects at the url. Unless I am foregtting something it looks like the usual litany. Yet, that shouldn't prevent digging deeper into the possibilities here.

Quote:
Posted by: floridian Posted on: 07/27/04 at 2:16am  
Among other things, melatonin blocks cox2, nitric oxide, and 5-LO (5-lipoxygenase, an inflammatory enzyme similar to cox2).  It could be co-incidental, or it could part of how melatonin works.

Floridian, it seems to me then that Melatonin would be a better choice then Vioxx as a starting place for Cox2 inhibition?  The latter is also getting a bum rap for high blood pressure (see following)

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=healthNews&storyID=592 7928

For me that would be an issue thus leading me back  to the melatonin. I had been thinking on giving melatonin a trial but was drawn to it for reasons of sleep regulation rather then cox2  and 5-LO inhibition. Also, I agree with your connect-the-dots to EPH and Migraine. The following connects two of the dots in a single patient:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed &dopt=Abstract&list_uids=10759906

I'll start the melatonin tomorrow, adding it to the 480 mg verapamil and the Betamethasone taper.  

Immigram and Relpax have all but drifted into irrelevancy for me...Oxy is now the only effective aborter. It is a bloody anchor and I need to get back on the road for my business.  

Thanks as always Floridian...superb search skills.

IP Logged

ex_pat_asia
"Work like you don't need the money,
dance like no one is watching,
love like you'll never get hurt" - Anon.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss