Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 2:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « pain free for a year then pow »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   pain free for a year then pow
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: pain free for a year then pow  (Read 363 times)
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

pain free for a year then pow
« on: Jul 12th, 2004, 8:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

been pain free for about a year and now this shit is here again.  Have had 7 attacks  in 24 hour period and am sitting thru them used up allowable imitrex for the day.
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2004, 8:27am by farmboy » IP Logged
floridian

Email

Re: pain free for a year then pow
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 8:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Got Oxygen?  Many find it very effective at aborting cluster headaches, but no daily limit, fewer side effects than imitrex.  

Some of us get headaches every year at the same time. Some go several years before the beast returns.  Others get hammered constantly, or without any regular pattern.  I go into a cycle every summer, but some years have no headaches (just twitching eye, disrupted sleep, etc).  

What do you farm??  
IP Logged
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #2 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 11:48am »

no I don't farm anymore.  run an auto repair shop. July is a bear of a month for me. I get these headaches every year first week of july last week of june.  Missed last year october bout and the january bout i have gotten since 2001. before that i was 9 years with no headaches.   Sure wish there was a cure for these things.  I am amazed at how these things come on within days of each other every year like clock work.
must be something to do with the magnetic poles and aliens.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 12:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jul 12th, 2004, 11:48am, farmboy wrote:

must be something to do with the magnetic poles and aliens.

Yeah,  many of us also use tinfoil hats to protect ourselves against the mind control waves.  But the hats don't work too well because they only cover the top of the head - the waves can bounce off the ground and come in through the lower part of the body. You really need a tinfoil cocoon to cover the whole body, and it should be electrically grounded to dissipate the evil frequencies  Wink

Actually, for episodic clusterheads, changes in daylength do mess up the body's circadian clocks and that seems to trigger things.  Melatonin is effective for many of us. My sleep gets weird right before my summer attacks - I go to bed late, wake up early, and feel great.   And my eye starts twitching. When that happens, I start taking melatonin everynight at the same time (9:30). I usually take 1.5 mg (half time released, half quick release). It makes my sleep more normal, and I think it is a major factor in keeping my headaches away. Magnesium supplements also help about 40% of us.
IP Logged
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 5:44pm »

ok so we are at 9 headaches in the last 24 hours period
IP Logged
bluesunshine
New Board Junior
Canada 

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 9:41pm »

on Jul 12th, 2004, 11:48am, farmboy wrote:
... I get these headaches every year first week of july last week of june...  I am amazed at how these things come on within days of each other every year like clock work.

The beast come visit me at that time of the year too.  It quit visiting me in october however (knock on wood)... but   came back for the last two years in january for an unusual  1 week period (5-6 days).

So every year, I get prepared with my arsenal : O2 (you should try it), imitrex injection, zomig,  and I added melatonin  in the present cycle  (don't wanna say it to loud in case the f***er hears it , but I am PF for 3 days now- knock on wood again).
IP Logged
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: Jul 13th, 2004, 9:27am »

Mine seem to come in the heat of the summer more than in the winter.  I was free of the thing for nearly 2 years, then WHAM!!!!!!!!!!   Right back to stumbling around in the middle of the night.  Hot then cold showers.  Verapamil, imitrex, and lots of oxygen.  I have an oxygen bottle from the welding shop right beside my bed, bolted to the wall.  Going to refill this week.  Oxygen is alot less expensive than imitrex, and seems to work alot faster.  Never tried that injectable imitrex.  I am beginning to think the less drugs, the better off I am going to be.  I seem to be having about 2 attacks a day right now.  Sometimes, I wonder if I can actually stand much more, then when the pain goes away, I feel pretty good.  These cycles sure change my life.  Ive lost jobs, stayed close to home, and my social life dwindles to near nothing.  Dayumm,  sounds kinda sad dont it??? Thanks to finding this website, I know Im not alone in my delima.  I feel for those who never escape the deamon.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #7 on: Jul 14th, 2004, 1:48pm »

Well doubled up on my inderal to 320 mg a day and seem to have done the trick just shadows so far. last headache was a mild one.easy to take maybe a 4 or 5 kip.

We will have to see how it goes today.
IP Logged
danm
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Jul 15th, 2004, 2:34pm »

on Jul 13th, 2004, 9:27am, Biker wrote:
 Never tried that injectable imitrex.  

You should definitely try the injections if you are suffering daily from CH.  They are a gift from god.
IP Logged

these things suck!!!!
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #9 on: Jul 16th, 2004, 5:25pm »

I do have the imitrex injections. But you are only to use 2 injections per 24 hour period.
IP Logged
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #10 on: Jul 16th, 2004, 5:27pm »

I do have the imitrex injections. But you are only to use 2 injections per 24 hour period.   Besides the fact that they make me feel uncomfortable in my chest region  when i use them for more than a few days in a row.
IP Logged
bluesunshine
New Board Junior
Canada 

« Reply #11 on: Jul 17th, 2004, 2:00am »

Get O2 man , it might help you skip one of those chest freakin from the trex.  As soon you feel IT comming, jump onto the O2.
Try it at least, get to a neuro, or a GP that know you well.  

Blue

P.S. 'More than one abortive is preferable.  more ammunition, the better
IP Logged
bluesunshine
New Board Junior
Canada 

« Reply #12 on: Jul 17th, 2004, 2:05am »

Are you hit when sleeping. tell me about those ones.

IP Logged
farmboy
New Board Veteran
USA 

In Cycle and in Pain

« Reply #13 on: Jul 19th, 2004, 10:49pm »

yes i get hit when sleeping, standing , sitting, you name it i get hit.  i also figured out that if my head gets hot then it brings on an attack.  checking on O2 tomorrow. Here i found out my one unkle works for a medical supply house.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss