Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 2:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « a question? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   a question?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: a question?  (Read 263 times)
911please
New Board Newbie
Canada 

better to be pissed off, than pissed on...I think

Email

a question?
« on: Jul 11th, 2004, 5:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hiya all, day 20 for me on this bout, first bout in a year and a half. Since finding this site, (thanks to my wife) I have learned volumes. I have another question for someone who might know.
 The usual ch for me has been the right side. Some cycles it switches to the left side. This cycle it has been switching back and forth. The last two days between 130 and 2pm I have had attacks that are on both sides together. My question is, could the coming together of both sides in a ch mean that I am nearing the end?(praying)
 I have lived with the beast for 16 years, some worse than others, but I cannot recall getting hit on both at once... Any answers would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dougcannata@aol.com
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

Re: a question?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11th, 2004, 5:24pm »

I've also been dealing with CH for 16 years. I was always attacked on the RIGHT side only for the first 12 years. One night I was awakened by the beast with a double-sided CH. Thought i'd never make it but Imitrex did the trick. That was in Oct. of 2000. Been chronic ever since. Never had another double-sided attack.  

As a general rule ... CH does NOT affect both sides. You'd be the 1:1,000,000 if you get CH attacks on both sides !

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
911please
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11th, 2004, 5:51pm »

if that be the case I think I'll buy a lottery ticket

lol
 where I say both sides, the concentration of rolling pain is actually more frontal  with acute attacks on each side in differant pulsations.
 Just curious if anyone else had had the same..

« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2004, 5:53pm by 911please » IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11th, 2004, 8:11pm »

Sorry - Can't help with this one at all.  In fact the "frontal" concentration confuses me too.  Mine are always centered on the L eye and temple - though it does radiate - always to places on the same side as the HA.    

Did your abortives work on it?  If not, maybe it's a weird, unexpected, strange, other kind of HA occuring at the same time?  Perhaps a "sympathetic" kind of pain?

I'm not trying to be light about this - believe it not, I often wish that JUST ONCE I could have pain on the other side, if only to take a little pressure off my usual side.  I would never wish for anyone to have the same thing on both sides at the same time!

Keep us informed .  Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11th, 2004, 8:32pm »

on Jul 11th, 2004, 5:51pm, 911please wrote:
where I say both sides, the concentration of rolling pain is actually more frontal  with acute attacks on each side in differant pulsations.  
 Just curious if anyone else had had the same..

I NEVER get pulsating.  I have only been hit unilaterally and switched sides after 10 years chronic.  They were right, then went to left in Dec 2003.

This description does not sound like CH to me.  Just my opinion...

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
911please
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 6:47am »

14 years on the right side. it wasn't until two episodes age that it finally went to the left. Originally I thought well this is a change, and the intensity didn't seem anything like the right. Then they started getting worse on the left. Still not nearly as bad as the right though. My right side must be permenantly damaged from the feeling of things. My ha's can go from the right in the afternoon to the left for the evening bout. The switching sides has been a bit of a blessing, if you can call any ha a blessing?

Whatever you all think of the full frontal headaches is not ch then I must agree. How do you explain the last 16 years? I have never had frontal attacks during a bout, only after a hangover, and being that I don't drink much those are rare.
 However  went to bed last night only to wake up with a left side classic at 1130. another regular day in the cycle.
 With answers to your q? kris, axert and O did nothing to help with these puppies. 1st one 2 hrs, 2nd one 1 1/4 hrs... and I'm sure you all know the dance steps..

Hoping you all pfd's

Doug
« Last Edit: Jul 12th, 2004, 6:50am by 911please » IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 12th, 2004, 9:36am »

Doug,

I am wondering if you are suffering from two different HA conditions.  CH and ....?

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss