Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 2:24am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ready as I will ever be »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   ready as I will ever be
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ready as I will ever be  (Read 335 times)
k9n8
New Board Newbie
USA 

finding ways around something becomes a circle

ready as I will ever be
« on: Jul 6th, 2004, 11:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, here we go again, 5 days straight of 3-4 CHs, kip 8-9, and imitrex is taking longer and longer to kick in. I feel like a ghost. Co-workers think I am either on heroine or am a weirdo (which I guess I am if I am hiding in a dark corner, moaning).
For better or worse, my way of dealing with any problem is to put a hole right through the middle of it, but this intangible foe cannot be located.  
I would appreciate the dignity of calling my war dogs, drawing my sword and ending this once and for all, BUT NO. So here I am, ready as I will ever be to sit here, patiently and calmly awaiting the next wave of pain that no one around me can really comprehend. My wife says if I was a super hero, I would have the ability to send clusters at people.......sounds like a villian.
IP Logged

"GOOD, BAD, I'M THE GUY WITH THE GUN." -Ash
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

Re: ready as I will ever be
« Reply #1 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 12:05pm »

Are you waiting too long to use the trex?  It seems to work best if you use it early on.

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
k9n8
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 12:18pm »

Usually as soon as I can get to it. In the last 15 boxes, it has been clockwork, right at 5-8 minutes, it is gone, but the last 5 boxes have been taking like 15 minutes, or it just tapers off over a span of 30 minutes. I really hope it is not losing effeciency.
IP Logged

k9n8
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 12:18pm »

Also my fingertips have been throbbing more than usual. I dont like any change in this, it can only be bad....
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 2:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

As you continue on your cycle (I am assuming you are epsodic?), you might find yourself waiting to see if the pain will get any worse, therefore lengthening the time between onset and you medicating.  As a very wise lady once posted on here "MEDICATE AT THE FIRST TWINGE".  I cannot stress that enough.  Also, it is possible that trex can stop working over time, but if you are still getting relief after 15 min, then it's still working.

Good luck to you!
Smileymel
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #5 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 5:27pm »

on Jul 6th, 2004, 11:56am, k9n8 wrote:
My wife says if I was a super hero, I would have the ability to send clusters at people.......sounds like a villian.

I've always thought that would be great! Not to abuse the power, but to be able to touch someone and let them feel the pain! Just to make them understand...

But if we were able to do that I'm pretty sure we would all be swept up by the government and used as weapons. Undecided
IP Logged

Chris
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 7:04pm »

I believe they dont need to feel the pain.  Folks can see it in my droopy left forehead, red eye, and runny nose.  Employers tend to dissmiss the pain by dismissing my employment.  Friends tend to leave me alone when it happens.  Family tends to be quiet and find things to do in other areas of the house.  I am not sure about other sufferers, but when under attack, just one look at me, and people know there is something terribly wrong.  But not to worry, its all in my head.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 7th, 2004, 8:22pm »

I agree that Trex at the first twinge in GOOD.  But, in the event that it's not working so well for you anymore, how about 02?

From what I've seen on this board, it's heaven-sent for many sufferers.

Best Wishes,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #8 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 6:03am »

on Jul 6th, 2004, 7:04pm, Biker wrote:
I believe they dont need to feel the pain.  Folks can see it in my droopy left forehead, red eye, and runny nose.  Employers tend to dissmiss the pain by dismissing my employment.  Friends tend to leave me alone when it happens.  Family tends to be quiet and find things to do in other areas of the house.  I am not sure about other sufferers, but when under attack, just one look at me, and people know there is something terribly wrong.  But not to worry, its all in my head.  

That's bullshit as I see it. Whatever people do, anything from laughing at it to cry at it seeing me, anyone who tells me to change my fucking diet, or use goody's powder, anyone that say's "ooooh, are you gonna have another headache? How convenient".... None of them, even the best supporters will never understand the depth, the purity, the intensity of the pain and what it does to us. Add sleep deprivation for a few weeks... Roll Eyes

Just a word to the supporter's... I know it's just as bad in a whole different way. Wink

But only WE know and no one else will ever fathom it.
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2004, 6:03am by Superpain » IP Logged

Chris
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #9 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 6:06am »

It's like we are a secret society, unknown to 85% of the world, chosen to be the toughest most enduring people on earth... I sure hope there's a good reason or some sort of payoff down the line. Angry
IP Logged

Chris
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 6:45am »

on Jul 8th, 2004, 6:06am, Superpain wrote:
It's like we are a secret society, unknown to 85% of the world, chosen to be the toughest most enduring people on earth... I sure hope there's a good reason or some sort of payoff down the line. Angry

We're the lost tribe! Cool

Quote:
Employers tend to dissmiss the pain by dismissing my employment.  Friends tend to leave me alone when it happens.  Family tends to be quiet and find things to do in other areas of the house.  I am not sure about other sufferers, but when under attack, just one look at me, and people know there is something terribly wrong.  But not to worry, its all in my head.

It definitely is a bitch to describe b/c we can't! I've been giving people websites to check out and every piece of literature that states that this is the most severe pain known to man.  
I don't want pity, sympathy or god forbid empathy from anyone(wouldn't wish this on anyone) but for people to sort of get that this is not a "headache"
Hang in there
Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
k9n8
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Jul 10th, 2004, 1:21pm »

WOO HOO! Got my verapmil increased from 180 to ONLY 200, but instantly, cycle is gone. Have not had above a kip2 in 2 days now!!!!!!
It will not last forever, but it feels like I have a new head. So sometimes just a small increase of verapamil does the trick.
IP Logged

miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 10th, 2004, 3:53pm »

*YAY* *happy dance* so happy for you k9n8!! Hope you remain p/f!!
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jul 10th, 2004, 3:55pm »

Superpain . . you're so right . . we can't feel the pain that you all endure . . .and, right again, our pain is different . . .but, I would bet that most of us (supporters) have cried, begged, and pleaded to all the powers that be in the universe to just . . .for even 1 night . . .let us fight the beast, and let our clusterhead sleep . . . (stinking powers NEVER listen to that one!)
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss