Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 2:10am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Your longest attack »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Your longest attack
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Your longest attack  (Read 1687 times)
pubgirl

Email

Re: Your longest attack
« Reply #25 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 3:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

sadly, pain descriptions don't really help. Until you have had a CH attack, you think a migraine is agony, and describing the type of pain is often really misleading, or the person just can't find the words (often they are quite old or a bit confused)
and frankly, my migraines don't throb.

W
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2004, 3:59am by pubgirl » IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 9:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wendy,

Regardless of duration, my CH attacks always end the same.  Without warning, the attack is just over.  There is a distinct difference when I abort with trex.  Trex "dissolves" the attack over about a five minute span.  The correlation would be the difference between driving down a slight hill and taking a roller coaster straight down.

On the flip side, I have no warning preceeding an attack either.  It's like a light switch.

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 10:00am »

For the HA's I have to ride out, there is a short period of letting up just a little bit then...Poof...gone with my face sort of feeling this funky tingle from under the left eye back to the scalp.  Sometimes there is a twitchy nerve under that eye too.  

Trex aborted, the HA ramps up a bit before the Poof. The same tingle in the face, but a sort of fuzzy, hazy hangover feeling all over in my head.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #28 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 11:22am »

My attacks usually just stop, as if somebody just threw a switch.

The loooong one waned, but I cvan't be ure becauseof the migraine mix-up
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #29 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 12:12pm »

on Jul 4th, 2004, 11:20pm, catlind wrote:
CH pain is always boring or piercing in nature

Piercing-YES;   Boring-NEVER!

Seriously, my shorter ones end abruptly while the longer ones(up to about 3 hrs.) seem to ramp down toward the end.

....................................alley
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 12:21pm »

I would definatley say that my 3 1/2 hour one ramped down, oh and the  pain was excrutiating.
I think the reason I had such a long one is the fact that I was under incredible stress at the time. My little sister from England came to visit and I had to drive he to the airport to fly back. My ha started just as we were getting ready to go, I begged my roomate to help so he drove while I was in he back of the car in agony, then we had to go into the airport as I ws not going to leave my young sister alone. It was a bloody nightmare.
So I couldn't be alone and ride the pain, I had things to do while it was happening. Never want to go through that again.
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
ZAIRA
New Board Hall of Famer
Italy 

Brave to Stand !!!

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 3:34pm »

3 hours (and it was my first attack.... 11 years ago Angry )
IP Logged

Love yourself, Love others, Love often, Forever!
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #32 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 5:39pm »

Mopar's ha.s rarely exceed one hour. Usually 45 mins.
They end almost as quickly as they start.
A long way from being "Boring" tho'!! Altho' the ha. feels like someone's got a jackhammer on the trigeminal nerve. He has no migraine symptoms at all. Just chronic Clusters. Embarassed  
Maybe, like Jayne's, his ha.s are worse, occur more regularly and are more intense at times of great stress, but we try to avoid that now, so its hard to say......
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Crying
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #33 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 8:35pm »

My longest CH was 2hrs 45min kip 10 waned then 80 minlater got hit with a 7 kip lasted 45min it just left like someone turned a switch.  I think the demeral/pain killers the doctors gave me in ER might have caused the second.  Doc said gave me 3 shots(only rember 2).  I couldn't feel my legs but I could still feel pain(down to 6-7kip) in my head.  Huh Very wierd feeling.  Hope I don't go thru that again.
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #34 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 9:32pm »

No meds... Close to 5 hrs.  

Relentless, braincrushing agony that left me a sweaty huddled mass of quivering shit on the floor.

Fortunately there's only been a few that have gone over 3 hrs for me. That's just tooooo much. Angry
IP Logged

Chris
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #35 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 9:26am »

on Jul 3rd, 2004, 2:22am, Crying wrote:
 Later that night was just turning on computer when wamm! Started right at 7 rocket up to 10 in under tem min.  Tried zomig spray again but didnt work and oxegen supply place hadnt called back yet .  So no O2 yet.  My husband sent our son to grandma's and took me to ER.  Took an hour before I even was seen in ER ( they were'nt that busy either but insitead I go through triage and no skipping ahead in line)  heard recption say how I was over reacting!!!  Mad me so mad if I could of walked staight would went over and strangled them!  In so much pain could barely walk but couldn't stay still either.  vomited all over myself.  Then they said well maybe she really is in pian.  No duh.  I was at 10 kip!1  Then when doc sees me won't give me O2. Gives demeral instead but it does nothing. Give me 3 shots( only rember getting 2 shots by the way.)  So doupped up can't feel my legs but can still feel the pian in my head now a 7.  Fiannaly gives O2.  Pain goes down in five min.  feel much better in 15. I arrived at ER at 8:30pm I didnt get O2 until 12:30pm.  Got home at 2:30 am.  Today is friday and just got my O2 delivered.  I hope I don't ever have to go back to the ER again. Any ideas on how to better deal with idiot ER people?

on Jul 5th, 2004, 8:35pm, Crying wrote:
My longest CH was 2hrs 45min kip 10 waned then 80 minlater got hit with a 7 kip lasted 45min it just left like someone turned a switch.  

Huh
IP Logged

thomas

Email

« Reply #36 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 10:51am »

4.5 hours, came on suddenly and left quickly.  No waning.
IP Logged
Big Dan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

SMASH BRAIN!

Danboyceccg   DanielNBoyce
Email

« Reply #37 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 12:41pm »

My longest was Wild Turkey and Bud Light induced...  

... tried blowing it off with 2 trex injections within 2 hours... and it did.

Went back to the hotel where I was staying while working out of town.  No 02, and I had used my last two 'trexes...

Fucker came back pissed like a m*th*rf**k*r, around a 9, at 12:34am... called the ambulance in Washington, MO (where I was staying)... they brought 02, which didn't help at that point, told me to calm down, and said they couldn't do anything else for me.  So I told them to get the fuck out.

... last time I remember looking at the clock was 6:15am... don't remember anything after that.  Must have passed out from exhaustion... constant rolling around in bed, clinching my stomache... ended up vomiting... pure hell.

Woke up at 10:30 that morning with a 6... nice 'refreasher course'...

... in all honesty... I wanted to die.  I wanted to put a gun to my eyeball and auto-eject that fucking bastard out of my skull.

Without a doubt, learned my lesson with alchohol and trying to re-schedule attacks with imitrex.  Big no-no.

-Big Dan
IP Logged

Not going anywhere for a while?...

... Grab a Snickers, Fatass.
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #38 on: Jul 7th, 2004, 9:07am »

I hate to even think about my longest attack but it was a night time one (After I fell asleep) that lasted around 4 hours.

This one almost killed me.
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
Storm
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #39 on: Jul 7th, 2004, 5:47pm »

Longest attack...5 hours, 2hrs 30 mins right temple, 2hrs 30mins left temple, as the right temple started to wane I thought "Thank God for that, it's going" it went ok, over my forehead & into my left temple & I had the full works, eye running, nose running, ALL my teeth on that side my skull aching, plus ear ache..........only happened the once, otherwise I would not be writing this.   I had a bad one Christmas day 2001, started Christmas day, 5.20pm, ended Boxing day 5.40pm, only relief was when painkillers bit, maybe 30 mins, then back to full bore dihydrocodeine 40mg, limit is 6 a day, in those 24 hours I took 18.......did'nt work.........& last year I had attacks day & night from September 2002 'till the Tuesday before Christmas 2003, needless to say, it stopped me working, did 20 shifts in 2003, not worked since, but I have not had an attack since 14th May this year, it is still there, a little niggle now & again just to remind me.
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: Jul 7th, 2004, 6:49pm »

About 4 hours but it was really 2 attacks, back to back.  Went through about 2.5 hours, rolling around the bathroom floor.  Pain started to subside and I crawled on hands and knees to the bed.  Flopped on my back on the bed and in about 5 minutes the pain started to ramp up again.  Spent another 1.5 hours on that one.  There was nothing and I really mean nothing left of me after that.  I was exhausted.

My norm now, with cafergot and O2, is about 10 minutes at Kip3.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Maria_Scala

Email

« Reply #41 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 11:38am »

3.5 hours, 3 years ago...let's just say if my husband didn't hold me down, i would've done something drastic.
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #42 on: Jul 8th, 2004, 1:09pm »

I always feel lucky when I read this site as so many people are far worse off than me.

Feeling lucky again now. Embarassed

Wendy
IP Logged
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #43 on: Jul 9th, 2004, 8:58am »

Last year I got hit with one at about 4am.  Too late for the trex and O2 tank was empty.  Hot shower emptied the water heater.  After about 3 hours I finally collapsed in a chair and fell asleep.

Then, after about a half an hour, bang...another bad hit.  Oh no, not again!  

It was Saturday morning and the medical supply place did not open till 10:00.  I begged my wife to just go and sit in the parking lot and wait till it opened.  She got home at 10:30 with three small tanks and by then it had passed.  I was wrecked.  I could not believe how much pain the human body could take.

Now that I remember it I'm glad we don't have a gun in the house.  At the time I was begging for death.

Steve G
IP Logged
ozzman
New Board Old Timer
USA 

We who are not as others -- Chaos A.D. --Sepultura

OzzyVal
WWW Email

« Reply #44 on: Jul 9th, 2004, 9:31am »

Two 2 hour ones K10 (in the last 16 years) and one "beauty" that lasted 3.5 hours or so. Two doses of trex later and nothing.
Started at 11:30 PM ( I was waiting up for it, so that I could abortt it and then go to bed, instead of being woken up) After the first hour I figured I had one more to go from past experience. 1:30 am, should be over 'bout...now.......now....how about NOW! Second trex in, I can wait the 10 mins, ok wait 20 mins, 30 mins? Oh GOD! At that point I was exhausted, pacing, forzen peas, standing outside in shorts, 20 degree waether, with a "nice" wind, rubbing my head...nothing!, no relief. Dunk my head in cold water...nothing. Stupidity sets in, "maybe if I hold my head under water, I'll pass out, and I'll be able to get rid of this one", good thing my wife was there... It was almost 3:00 am, when I noticed that the pain was decreasing slowly. After fighting for so long, I had no energy left in me. At around a tolerable K5 I fell asleep. By 6:00 am, sure enough I got hit again, but this time I was able to abort it... fun times..

Ozzy
IP Logged

"Always remember rule ONE" --Lu-Tze
MikeE
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #45 on: Jul 10th, 2004, 10:16am »

God help you all that have them that long. Didn't know you could live past 1 hour. That was tops for me. Mike
IP Logged
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #46 on: Jul 10th, 2004, 4:21pm »

My longest one was about 3 hours. Bam, there it was and I took a trex pill and a maxalt wafer. Nothing. Wound right up to a kip 10. Went to the ER, this time they got me right in, no waiting. I was almost hysterical, was not making any sense. Gave me O2. Nothing. Gave me lidocaine gel in my nose. Nothing. Finally shot me up with a shitload of demerol, twice. It finally started fading away. I couldn't walk. This was during the peak of my very first cycle. I can't describe the pain, there are no words for it.  

purpleydog
IP Logged

Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #47 on: Jul 10th, 2004, 7:37pm »

on Jul 10th, 2004, 4:21pm, purpleydog wrote:
Bam, there it was and I took a trex pill and a maxalt wafer.

Ok, you all are scaring the hell out of me...

How many of you are mixing triptans???

I have seen several instances of folks posting similar things this week.  For those that don't know, mixing this shit can kill you.

Chris
IP Logged

jonny

Email

« Reply #48 on: Jul 10th, 2004, 8:40pm »

on Jul 5th, 2004, 9:47am, Prense wrote:
Regardless of duration, my CH attacks always end the same.  Without warning, the attack is just over.  

Dude,

Im curious, did you feel "The Pain Drain" as I call it?

Your at a Kip 10 and within 20 seconds its gone.....You can feel the pain just drain out of your head like a river flowing, oh man I will never forget that feeling. 14 yrs with no meds and that feeling was better than any sex ive ever had.

.........................................jonny

IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #49 on: Jul 10th, 2004, 8:49pm »

on Jul 10th, 2004, 8:40pm, jonny wrote:
Your at a Kip 10 and within 20 seconds its gone.....You can feel the pain just drain out of your head like a river flowing, oh man I will never forget that feeling.

Precisely!

It's like you have no idea it's ending until it already ended.  I have gone from extreme agony while (sitting/rocking) to completely PF in the amount of time it took to stand up.  The only thought at that point is "fuck yeah", time for a smoke!  

smokin

Chris
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss