Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 8:34am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Saw nero but »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Saw nero but
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Saw nero but  (Read 352 times)
Crying
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Saw nero but
« on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 2:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Finaly got in to see my nero on Tuesday.  He prescribed verapimil 240mg, zomig spray and O2.  Had an attack kip 5 while I was waiting for the meds to be filled at pharmacy.  Luckily doc gave me zomig samples took one and Thank God it worked right away.  Later that night was just turning on computer when wamm! Started right at 7 rocket up to 10 in under tem min.  Tried zomig spray again but didnt work and oxegen supply place hadnt called back yet .  So no O2 yet.  My husband sent our son to grandma's and took me to ER.  Took an hour before I even was seen in ER ( they were'nt that busy either but insitead I go through triage and no skipping ahead in line)  heard recption say how I was over reacting!!!  Mad me so mad if I could of walked staight would went over and strangled them!  In so much pain could barely walk but couldn't stay still either.  vomited all over myself.  Then they said well maybe she really is in pian.  No duh.  I was at 10 kip!1  Then when doc sees me won't give me O2. Gives demeral instead but it does nothing. Give me 3 shots( only rember getting 2 shots by the way.)  So doupped up can't feel my legs but can still feel the pian in my head now a 7.  Fiannaly gives O2.  Pain goes down in five min.  feel much better in 15. I arrived at ER at 8:30pm I didnt get O2 until 12:30pm.  Got home at 2:30 am.  Today is friday and just got my O2 delivered.  I hope I don't ever have to go back to the ER again. Any ideas on how to better deal with idiot ER people?
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

Re: Saw nero but
« Reply #1 on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 3:10am »

If you are going to insist upon going to the ER, as many people do, I have and many more will try.....

90% of the time, you are wasting your time and alot of money unless you educate them prior to your arrival.

Go in when you are not getting hit and give them the skinny on what the appropriate steps are, and convey the sense of urgency they need to act with upon your next visit.... O2, lots of it, QUICK! Maybe an imitrex injection... But all narcotics are gonna do at that point is make you puke.

Otherwise you are better off staying at home riding it out. Undecided
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2004, 3:11am by Superpain » IP Logged

Chris
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 3:32pm »

Don't bother with the ER. Next time you are caught unawares by the HA, go to your nearest fire department and ask them to let you breathe their 02 at a 15ml per flow rate. The firemen are far more helpful, plus they don't have a long line of people waiting, and they usually don't charge you for the little bit of 02 that you use. Hope that helps you for next time.
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 5:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jul 3rd, 2004, 3:32pm, Jayne wrote:
Don't bother with the ER. Next time you are caught unawares by the HA, go to your nearest fire department and ask them to let you breathe their 02 at a 15ml per flow rate. The firemen are far more helpful, plus they don't have a long line of people waiting, and they usually don't charge you for the little bit of 02 that you use. Hope that helps you for next time.

ERRRRRR we have had recient reports of people being turned away from Fire stations, probably a liability thing.
Check with them first to be sure.  Wink

Lee
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2004, 5:12pm by forgetful » IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 5:46pm »

on Jul 3rd, 2004, 5:11pm, forgetfulnot wrote:

ERRRRRR we have had recient reports of people being turned away from Fire stations, probably a liability thing.
Check with them first to be sure.  Wink

Lee

Happened to me 1/2 dozen times Sad Should have my o2 tuesday. good luck to you
Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 6:14pm »

vomited?  Arrived at ER @ 8:30, under attack and didn't get O2 until 12:30??  So you had at least a hour hour attack? with vomiting?   I'm not a doc but it sure Doesn't sound very clusterish to me....

Kev
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 6:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dear Crying

Have to say I agree with Kev. That's VERY long for a CH attack.
I am interested to know what is the longest unaborted attack anyone on here has had.
This would help me when I'm talking to people on the Helpline and am trying to separate the chronic migraine from the CH where there is overlap on symptoms.

Think I'll start a thread!

Wendy
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 7:20pm »

Crying could have vomited due to the anxiety or the pain! Not "nausea"

When these started hitting me I'd go from 0-10 in no time and go into panic mode. HAd to hurl. Wasn't nauseous as with migraines but was ovewhelmed by the severity.

IT is a possibility.

Take care and as far as duration will post on the other thread.  

Best,
E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 4th, 2004, 3:44pm »

Agreed Eric, but from 7pm untill 1245 am...

That's long as hell for CH.

Even though I know that ERs typically do jack shit for me, I go when it seems a better alternative than a .357 mag.

If nothing else, demeral will calm me down some, and I normally don't get hit again until at least I wake up feeling hung over.

I've never had to wait (more than 15 minutes) in the ER.  For me, the ER is a last ditch effort...

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Crying
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 8:07pm »

I have O2 now.  I had a script for it the day of the attack but becauce of insurance problems didn't get delivery until Friday.  So hopefully I can stay out of ER now. I have migraines and CH. I have a real over lap of symptoms.   My migraines are rarely over a 7 pain. Usually 4-5 build slow, stay all day without treatment.  CH bangs me in the head sudden like baseball bat to the head!! 7-10 usually 15-30 mins long but sometimes longer and I get sometimes them in strings close together.  I think thats what happened in the ER because pain lowed for awhile then wamm back again. I wish I did have just migraines. They were easier to deal with.
IP Logged
k9n8
New Board Newbie
USA 

finding ways around something becomes a circle

« Reply #10 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 2:16pm »

E-DOUBLE, that is it right there.
I have heard many people say nausia is not normally associated with CH, but the severity of having a screw threaded into your temple can cause vomitting too, this is where I think mine comes in, I will vomit with a CH of kip8-10, depending, and I think I might vomit if someone ripped my leg off, or tried to open my head with a ball peen hammer.
IP Logged

"GOOD, BAD, I'M THE GUY WITH THE GUN." -Ash
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #11 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 5:30pm »

I vomit with the worst ones sometimes.
IP Logged

Chris
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 7:17pm »

There are times I feel like hurling.   I found it impossible to get a perscription for Oxygen.   One phone call to the local welding shop, and a bottle of oxygen was delivered to me the very next day, along with a regulator, and hose, (that I ordered and paid for). I hooked up an air nozzle and presto----self made oxygen inhaler.  All within 24 hours.  It cost 150 bucks for a 3 year lease on the bottle, and 30 bucks to fill the bottle, but the bottle will last for months.  It worked so well, I got a small bottle from the welding shop to put in my vehicle.  I found that nearly every welding shop also fills the medical bottles.  Its the same oxygen they use in hospitals.    I use to be worried about filters and dirty bottles, but after looking at all the stuff in hospitals, (I have helped build several) there are no filters installed in the lines.  The oxygen supply bottles at many hospitals are the same bottles they trade out to replace empty bottles on welding rigs.   After the initial cost of the lease and equipment, Oxygen runs less than 100 bucks for a years supply.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #13 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 7:28pm »

on Jul 6th, 2004, 7:17pm, Biker wrote:
There are times I feel like hurling.   I found it impossible to get a perscription for Oxygen.   One phone call to the local welding shop, and a bottle of oxygen was delivered to me the very next day, along with a regulator, and hose, (that I ordered and paid for). I hooked up an air nozzle and presto----self made oxygen inhaler.  All within 24 hours.  It cost 150 bucks for a 3 year lease on the bottle, and 30 bucks to fill the bottle, but the bottle will last for months.  It worked so well, I got a small bottle from the welding shop to put in my vehicle.  I found that nearly every welding shop also fills the medical bottles.  Its the same oxygen they use in hospitals.    I use to be worried about filters and dirty bottles, but after looking at all the stuff in hospitals, (I have helped build several) there are no filters installed in the lines.  The oxygen supply bottles at many hospitals are the same bottles they trade out to replace empty bottles on welding rigs.   After the initial cost of the lease and equipment, Oxygen runs less than 100 bucks for a years supply.  

Wink Yep....
I bought my e tank and the whole setup for less than $200 and it costs $18 to get refilled. Sounds like you got an even better deal...
IP Logged

Chris
Crying
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #14 on: Jul 7th, 2004, 1:24am »

My husband says wrote time of headache start wrong.  Was  about between 7:50-8:00 not &:00 like I wrote before.  Opps sorry.  I did metion that I had three shots that night and did't rember stuff too well right.  As for nausa and vomoting,  It happens to me sometimes if the pains an 8 or over.  Especially if I had just had a nice big meal.  That night I had fried calamari.  Nuf said.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss