Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 2:27am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cluster Busters????? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cluster Busters?????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cluster Busters?????  (Read 645 times)
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Cluster Busters?????
« on: Jun 30th, 2004, 11:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I finially settled into an ebb in the episodes long enough to read the new posts, and cluster busters.  Its been less than an exciting time between the headaches.  I was up to 120mg. of verapamil 5 times a day, and sucking on the oxygen bottle from the welding shop, while the imitrex kicks in.  Episodes day and night.  Its been a rough sweaty time.  Long periods of time in the shower seemed to help a bit.  Now, Im feeling dizzy when I stand up, and some numbness in my hands and feet.  Too much verapamil---time to cut back some.  I doubt my cycle is broken, but the episodes seem to have lessened in frequency and intensity.  I have to feel for the folks who get no relief.   Clusterbusters???? has anyone really had any luck with the mushrooms???  I picked a bunch over 20 years ago just for a kick.  Never thought they may be good for anything other than a weekend experiment.  If the shrooms show promise, I think it may be worth a trip down south to the cow pastures.  Its pretty hard to explain to those who dont know, when they see me under attack.  We've had some cooler days in West Virginia, but I hear the heat is comming back again.  The hot days seem to bring on the headaches more often.  I have had CH in all seasons, but mostly in the summer.   I suppose everyone is affected differently by different drugs, but from what I gather in ClusterBusters, the mushrooms may be sort of a cure for some folks.  Anything would be better than dancing with the devil.  Personal feedback from mushroom users is most welcome.    Thanks.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

Re: Cluster Busters?????
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30th, 2004, 11:49pm »

Biker,  
Sorry to hear that you're dealing with it again.  
Go here http://www.clusterbusters.com/ for info on 'shrooms.  
good luck,

Jim
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 12:25am »

Biker . ..read my thread on the medications/treatments board titled:  No Longer Chronic . . .D was chronic for like 20 years . . he has been p/f for 7 weeks and counting.  There are numerous other success stories documented . . .I'm sure others will come along and share their information with you!
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
D
New Board Newbie
USA 

Former Chronic

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 3:32pm »

They work!  

A damn sight better than all the pharmaceuticals the doctors dish out like aspirin to anyone who walks in with clusterheadache, and, with far less effects on every single aspect of your psysiology, psychology, and quality of life.  

End of story...

Peace and Positive Energy

D
IP Logged

Cluster Busters Rock !
www.clusterbusters.com
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 7:01pm »

Hi Biker,

If you're one of the lucky mushroomheads (and there are a good many lucky ones), then one or two doses may derail an entire cycle.  I wouldn't call the treatment a cure.  For a few of us unlucky bastards, the best we can hope is that the shrooms provide some temporary help every few days.  Many mushroomheads fall somewhere in between... which means you shouldn't give up too easily and may have to be persistent.  For me, it was a no-brainer... it was certainly worth trying, even if it is not my preferred treatment at the moment.  It certainly had a positive effect for me, but it did not last long.  It's probably safer than many synthetic drugs, but unfortunately I'm still forced to bow down and worship the synthetic drugs (verapamil).

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
chrismo
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 2nd, 2004, 4:39am »

YEAH SHROOMS!!!

I honestly feel they brought my life back to the way its supposed to be. I love them for the gift they've given me.
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 2nd, 2004, 2:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Try it, it won't hurt and could very well help.  Wink

Lee
IP Logged
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 3:29pm »

on Jul 2nd, 2004, 2:06pm, forgetfulnot wrote:
Try it, it won't hurt and could very well help.  Wink

Lee

errr... I disagree with that. I know I am the minority here, but the shrooms did not help me and they turned me into a chronic sufferer. I hope my feedback was welcome...it seems if you give shrooms a negative comment you get flamed around here. My exeperience is just as valuable information me thinks.
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 4:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jul 3rd, 2004, 3:29pm, Jayne wrote:

errr... I disagree with that. I know I am the minority here, but the shrooms did not help me and they turned me into a chronic sufferer. I hope my feedback was welcome...it seems if you give shrooms a negative comment you get flamed around here. My experience is just as valuable information me thinks.

Everyone has their own experience Jayne, this aint a flame, but it could be (could, being the key word) you were going chronic anyway and the treatment had nothing to do with it. My experience was just the opposite, chronic to episodic. That too could just be a coincidence, who knows. I do know one thing for sure though, no cat shit for this boy. Wink

Lee

Sorry you feel that way Jayne, I inserted a comma after flame. Maybe it will read better now.

Lee  
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2004, 2:36pm by forgetful » IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 8:59pm »

sorry  to hear you are chronic now . . . I would have to agree with forgetful though . . .you may have already been on that road . . . .whatever the reason . . I hope you get off that road, and have lots of p/f days and nights.
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 9:32pm »

on Jul 3rd, 2004, 3:29pm, Jayne wrote:

errr... I disagree with that. I know I am the minority here, but the shrooms did not help me and they turned me into a chronic sufferer. I hope my feedback was welcome...it seems if you give shrooms a negative comment you get flamed around here. My exeperience is just as valuable information me thinks.

Yes Jayne, your experience is just as valuable, if not more so.

PF
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:34pm »

on Jul 3rd, 2004, 9:32pm, Pinkfloyd wrote:

Yes Jayne, your experience is just as valuable, if not more so.

PF

Thank you Pinky!!!! I still pray for all the good work you are doing and maybe one day there will be a shrooming pill...I think they ought to call it the"Pinky" pill. hug
If a pill came out I would most certainly try it again, as there would be no margin for error on my part.
I really and truly praise you for all that you do and how many people that you have helped.  
Love you lots
Jayne
IP Logged

ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #12 on: Jul 4th, 2004, 4:12am »

Interestingly, Jayne and others, there is a post onthis self same sub-board, about somebody who took a trex shot and went up to kip 10 in seconds...

The cluster is a wiley beast, and we still don't know the process that causes CH or what the meds that help really do.
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 12:06pm »

on Jul 3rd, 2004, 8:59pm, miapet wrote:
sorry  to hear you are chronic now . . . I would have to agree with forgetful though . . .you may have already been on that road . . . .whatever the reason . . I hope you get off that road, and have lots of p/f days and nights.
miapet

Miapet, with the greatest respect meant, I really feel that you and forgetful were patting me on the head and condescending me. I know what happened to me.  
The first time I ever tried shrooms I was in remission. That very night I went into another cycle.
You know how it feels when someone tells you that stress causes your headaches and you should take yoga, well that's how it feels to me when you discounted my exeperience with shrooms. I was thinking about this last night and I was really upset. I don't want to fight with any of you but please don't pat me on the head again. I know what happened to me and I am an intelligent woman, and I know how to relay information about that experience.
I feel better that I have typed this and got it off my chest. That is why I have been cautious before about talking about what what happened to me. Oh Jayne had a bad experience, well it must have been in the cards anyway.
I appreciate all of Pinky and Flash's work and I know that I am the minority, but I don't need condescention when I speak.
I wish clusterbusters nothing but the best of luck as I know they are helping many many people.
Jayne
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 2:12pm »

on Jul 3rd, 2004, 10:34pm, Jayne wrote:

If a pill came out I would most certainly try it again, as there would be no margin for error on my part.
Jayne

Thank you Jayne. I do appreciate all your kind words and will accept them on behalf of everyone that has been involved in this.

Answering the question of why this works for some will probably answer the question of why it doesn't work for other's. The reverse would also be true. Finding the answer to either side of the coin will give us a good idea of what's on the flip side.
So, yes, data and information on successes and failures all help lead us in the right direction.
As a matter of fact, we probably can't answer why it works without also finding out why it doesn't.

Yes we are all different and when that light bulb finally goes off, it will shed some light for all of us.

The work being done is really dedicated to those people that haven't yet found an answer to their clusters. So, when there is a pill, it would more fitting to have a JS imprinted on it than be pink.

Be well,
PF
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 8:43pm »

Jayne,  
I, in no way meant to come off as condescending . .  .nor as if I were patting you on the head . . . We all hear, more than we probably like, things like:  it's where you were in your cycle . . or that probably didn't work, your cycle was probably ending/winding down then . .  .
The truth be known, we don't know enough about CH .. .or why some people are episodic versus chronic . . .or why people may go from one to the other.  I was only posting my thoughts.
I still hope, that whatever the reason behind all CH, that everyone finds something that works for them.
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #16 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 9:05pm »

on Jul 5th, 2004, 12:06pm, Jayne wrote:

Miapet, with the greatest respect meant, I really feel that you and forgetful were patting me on the head and condescending me. I know what happened to me.  
The first time I ever tried shrooms I was in remission. That very night I went into another cycle.
Jayne

Jayne, if you had mentioned the above information (and you may have elsewhere), I am sure that none of us would have speculated that the mushrooms might not have been the agent. Given what you already said, and the fact that no one else has had this experience, it is a reasonable, if not inevitable, speculation. Since you were in possession of all the facts, I can see why it seemed condescending to you.
IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #17 on: Jul 5th, 2004, 10:04pm »

I think it should be a PINK pill with JS printed on it!
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 12:00pm »

Jayne,

Lots of stories in both directions.  I tried the treatment 4 times last cluster.  It never helped me avoid one single attack and I wound up having the longest cluster in my 30 years of dealing with them (15 weeks, normal is 6-8 weeks).  Is the longer cluster due to the treatment?  I don't know for sure but I don't think so.  Not long ago I spoke with a recently past president of OUCH and he told me that his last cluster went on and on.  He tried the treatment many times, over and over, on and on.  It turned into his longest cluster ever but finally ended.  I joked with him, there you have it, the shrooms cause longer cycles.  He is certain that the shrooms finally stopped his cluster and continue to keep them away.

Many accounts in both directions.  Most simply based on what the user chooses to think.  The real truth will come from the buster's  Harvard study.

Till then, in my mind, it is another treatment worth looking at, but know, just like any other treatment, it may or may not work for you.
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2004, 12:02pm by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #19 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 3:29pm »

Oh I understand all that Bob and I also applaud the efforts of clusterbusters. My complaint was in telling my story and some people pat me on the head and dismiss my experiences.
I am so happy for all those it has helped. I jump for joy when we fight the beast and beat him, however we do it.
IP Logged

Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 4:50pm »

Ahhh.  Kind of like the old, if it didn't work then you must have done it wrong approach?

I knew you knew that Jayne.  I just wanted to tell the story.

Truthfully, your story is a real drag though.
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #21 on: Jul 6th, 2004, 9:27pm »

on Jul 6th, 2004, 4:50pm, Bob P wrote:
Ahhh.  Kind of like the old, if it didn't work then you must have done it wrong approach?

If you read the post carefully, it would be more of the old, "if it didn't work' it could be (could, being the key word)" the wrong approach. Seems to me that the posters were simply trying to point out, based on the information originally provided, that there is still reason to hope.  

pam
IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

sing sweet songs to rock my soul

« Reply #22 on: Jul 7th, 2004, 1:19am »

It works for me!!!

When I sat down with D and Miapet, D asked me, so this really works? I told him that all I can tell you for sure is that it works for me. It's been 4 yrs that I haven't had to see my neuro. This treatment changed my life. I can offer my experience with this treatment and all the awesome people at Clusterbusters are more than willing to walk you through this.

It's true that this doesn't work for everyone but from what I have seen the successes far out weigh the unsuccessful attempts.

Bob P, come on, you know you didn't do it right. You used a turkey injector to inoculate for cryin out loud. hehe. jfwy
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2004, 1:35am by Flounder » IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #23 on: Jul 7th, 2004, 2:44am »

Flounder, we can never thank you enough for the time you spent with us that afternoon.  D had listened to everything I had to say about it . . .but seeing you, and hearing how successful you had been with this treatment, really made the difference.  He KNEW you were real . . .and, for the first time in well over 10 years he felt as if there was something that worked (the first 10 years, between being misdiagnosed and then being a guinea pig and trying EVERYTHING the docs said would work but didn't) . . .and it did!  The h/as that happened after the first 2 doses were expected, and we worked through them . . and all of you were great at supporting us through that time!  You, and the rest of the busters are very special people!!
Clusterbusters ROCK!
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Jul 7th, 2004, 9:45am »

on Jul 7th, 2004, 1:19am, Flounder wrote:

Bob P, come on, you know you didn't do it right. You used a turkey injector to inoculate for cryin out loud. hehe. jfwy
Actually, the ones I used to dose with the 4 times that it didn't work were from a picture perfect crop of B+  
http://www.pahlow.net/albums/shrooms/

The most recent batch that I grew for use in my next cluster were from a spore print made from this first batch.  I hadn't saved the syringe from the first batch so I bought a large syringe from a cooking store, the things made for injecting flavor stuff into meat.  It is actually a pretty good tool for injecting with.  The second batch did have some contamination and I trashed some of the cakes.  Could have been from the injector, the print or just sloppy technique.  Never the less, I did get enough crop for 3 or 4 doses.  We will see.
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss