Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 8:13am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « my horrible experience today in Mississauga »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   my horrible experience today in Mississauga
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: my horrible experience today in Mississauga  (Read 292 times)
Kamran
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

my horrible experience today in Mississauga
« on: Jun 28th, 2004, 5:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi, i had the one of the worst attacks. went to credit valley hospital emergency,mississauga,canada.
they let me wait in line for 10minutes to fill a form. i couldnt even hold a pen. then another line for 15mins to get the ohip swipped & then 30mins more. my turn didn't come till then when i was so disturbed by the noise & lights that i came home without a chance to be seen.
IP Logged
Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

What Goes Around Comes Around!

Re: my horrible experience today in Mississauga
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28th, 2004, 6:35pm »

So sorry to hear about your problem at Credit Valley.  How far do you actually live from Georgetown Hospital.  I've gone there twice and they are very aware of CH and how to treat it.  Last time, they just steered me to a treatment room and slapped the oxygen on while my husband stayed out front to answer questions.

It's a small hospital but believe me, I'd trade our ER department for anything offered at either Credit Valley or Trillium.

BTW - check out the OUCH Canada board as well to find more Canucks with the problem.

Hope you have a dr. and neuro that understand the problem.  Feel free to email or PM me if you want a couple of names that are good.

Have you actually been diagnosed with CH - noise and lights seem more migrainish to me but I don't want to assume anything.  Others on the board though will tell you to take the quiz and see how you fit into that.

Good luck and don't forget, if I can help, please let me know.

Carol.
IP Logged
Mac
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 28th, 2004, 7:34pm »

Hi Kamran. Sorry to hear that you had such poor care at the hospital. I can't talk about the health care system in Ontario. Maybe it's an isolated experience. Let's hope so anyways. Maybe make an inquirery by phone to see what there policy is on clusters. It's hardly worth going there if they don't treat you  immediately. I get bothered by light as well so if I'm going through a cluster you'll find me in the basement somewhere. What kind of meds are you on? How long does a typical attack last?
Like Grandma Sweet Boy said, there is a Canadian OUCH site(see link at the bottom of this post). There will be other Canucks there with more knowledge than I.  Please join up. See you there.PFDANeh Glen
IP Logged

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office". - Aesop
portfolio http://www.artwanted.com/McDonall
http://www.clusterheadaches.ca
Kamran
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Jun 28th, 2004, 11:19pm »

Hello Mac & Grandma_sweet_boy. Really glad to hear from such concerned & nice people. My family doc & neurologists say its a combination of cluster & migraine as the symptoms of cluster overlap more like lacrimation,nasal stuffiness,horner's syndrome,numbness etc. Whenever I get stress i have the attacks. I take the triptans(suma,nara,zolmi,riza,) & ergots.
nothing helps in prophylaxis....
Georgetown hospital is 15mins so in cluster its difficult to reach there. I live mavis/eglinton so credit valley was nearest but won't go there again . today i only wished i were dead so i never had to endure the pain again.  
will check out the site,thanks.
take care,
Bye!
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 28th, 2004, 11:40pm »

The noise, lights, and odors bother me too .. and I most definatley have clusters (of the worst kind). The only noise I wanna hear is coming from my head bangin on the sink !

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss