Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 8:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Acupuncture »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Acupuncture
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Acupuncture  (Read 406 times)
Ronny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Belgium 

Yabba Dabba Doo

maximus_imperius  
Email

Acupuncture
« on: Jun 28th, 2004, 3:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, i have a question. My father knows an acupuncture doc (dont know the name) who claims he can help most people with CH! Does anyone have experience with acupuncture. Does it help (partial) or is it a quack? I'm willing to try anything. i Have CH for about 7 years, the first 6 years, from time to time, but the last couple of  months i have them every day. It's only been 2 weeks since i first saw a neuro over this. he gave me Isoptine (3 * 80 mg) and now the number of attacks seems to decrease. There is a light to not so light pain, all day and night, but without the attacks. So if anyone has experience with the needle man, please reply. Thanks to everyone, this place is really, truly a great support to me.
IP Logged

Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.
don

Email

Re: Acupuncture
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28th, 2004, 3:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
or is it a quack

Like a duck! Dont even bother.
IP Logged
D
New Board Newbie
USA 

Former Chronic

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 28th, 2004, 8:32pm »

Quack! Quack!  

Get some oxygen and run as fast as you can from as many   pharmaceuticals as you can!!!  

IP Logged

Cluster Busters Rock !
www.clusterbusters.com
crazyauntboo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29th, 2004, 12:13am »

I don't know why everyone is so agains accupuncture.
I've had CH for about 20 years now.
My last cycle I started accupuncture. This was not in place of my meds (now that would be crazy!).
But why not try it? What can it hurt? My cycle actually ended shortly after i started. Now this probably was because it was the end but you never know.  Accupuncture has helped many people for many things. Now that is a fact. So.....why not try it along with your other meds?  If there is a chance that it could help, why not take it?
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29th, 2004, 12:47am »

From:  The New York Headache Center (Cluster headache specific) board:
on Jun 28th, 2004, 7:24pm, E-Double wrote:

The only thing that I can see being put by is the fact that he also does alternative meds (read your reply about Accupuncture = QUACK)

on Jun 28th, 2004, 11:43pm, UN_SOLVED wrote:

MHNI offers this too. They offer every type of therapy that you can imagine. From accupuncture to neurostimulators. I don't think they're "quack"s.

I'd really like to know what they are talking about HERE:
Quote:
If medical treatment is ineffective, there is also surgical treatment. This area of research is very promising. For example, there is surgery available which will get rid of the nerve itself that is sending the pain signals. As you may guess, such treatment has its risks, but the pain of cluster may make it worth investigating surgical cluster headache treatments!  

Unsolved
PS... BTW ... Accupuncture did NOTHING for my clusters (or for anything else ! )

IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
D
New Board Newbie
USA 

Former Chronic

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 29th, 2004, 2:16am »

My point was not to promote acupuncture for cluster headaches, doing so or suggesting they can abort or prevent cluster headache = quackery!  

But I suppose in fairness if it helps someone in addition to other more reliable treatments... then by all means go have acupuncture.  

« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2004, 2:26am by D » IP Logged

Cluster Busters Rock !
www.clusterbusters.com
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jun 29th, 2004, 4:31am »

I've been around this message board for a little while and I've never read anyone say they have positively helped by accupuncture.  

IMHO, the only help it will give is to the accupuncturist's Lexus payment.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
don

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29th, 2004, 5:56am »

My "quack like a duck" comment is directed specifically to acupuncture as the question was asked.

Clarification..Acupuncture promoted as an effective treatment for CH is a lie and has not helped anyone I have heard from with a legitimate CH diagnosis and only directs a newly diagnosed sufferer in the wrong direction.  

UnSolved...........I would appreciate you not taking my statement out of context by implying that I believe all other legitimate medical treatments or trials are quackery.
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 30th, 2004, 8:12pm »

on Jun 29th, 2004, 5:56am, don wrote:
UnSolved...........I would appreciate you not taking my statement out of context by implying that I believe all other legitimate medical treatments or trials are quackery.

I never implied that you believe "all other legitimate medical treatments or trials are quackery."
Not sure what I said to make you think that ????  Huh  

Unsolved

IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
don

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 30th, 2004, 10:55pm »

Ah who knows! I replied at 6AM after not much sleep. No offense intended.

Sorry Bud.
IP Logged
ria369
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 4:42am »

It's easy to get depressed during an episode of cluster headaches, and any optimism or hope for another treatment may be a reward in an of itself.  I myself am going to start accupuncture this week not necessarily to heal CH, but to help my body release the many toxins that I ingest to treat CH.  I say it's worth it.  It can't hurt you, and if it's financially feasible, you should try it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss