Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Dancing again »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Dancing again
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dancing again  (Read 370 times)
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Dancing again
« on: Jun 25th, 2004, 6:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have not been in here for a couple of years.  I thought those painfull episodes were finished-----wrong.     For no reason I can put a finger on, CH came back to me in the middle of the night---after a couple of pain free years.    Now, Im getting them day or night in fairly rapid succession.  I got out the old oxygen bottle (which is still fairly full) and the frozen verapamil and imitrex.  I remember being fairly desparate a couple years ago, and read somewhere that LSD has helped some folks avoid the CH.  After much reasearch, I discovered that Jimpson weed has traces of LSD.  I also discovered that the Jimpson weed is some pretty dangerous and unpredectiable stuff.  Now, I find myself waiting for those blue flowers to bloom again so I can use some more in an attempt to get rid of these headaches.  I dread the thought of using such an unknown agent, yet I dread the thought of another episode even more.  People give me a funny look when I pull the Oxygen bottle out at work and start sucking on the hose.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

Re: Dancing again
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25th, 2004, 8:32am »

Biker, check out shrooms at   www.clusterbuster.com.

Shrooms  have helped a lot of people and are in therapeutic doses relatively safe.
 Only thing is - you left it late. It's best to start before clusters really get going.
But check it out...

Jimson weed I don't know about;  morning glory may  help.

IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
1MajorPain
New Board Junior
USA 

Pain is not my friend!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25th, 2004, 8:47am »

Biker...do some reading at the clusterbusters site! I am a believer and clinical tests are about to start.

Major
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25th, 2004, 10:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nighttime hits?
Ch is a terrible condition and they hurt no matter what time of the day you get hit.  Personally, the ones that kill me the most, are the ones that come while I am sleeping.  Many people have had success avoiding the nighttime hits by using melatonin, which in the U.S. is available over the counter.  The dosage varies from person to person, but most usually have success with anywhere from 6-9mg.  Some have had luck with much lower doses as well; you may have to experiment with the dosage, in order to find the one that is best for you.  As with any medication, check with your doctor before you start using it.
PFNAD to all.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25th, 2004, 11:34am »

Jimson weed does not contain LSD or any clusterbusting medicine, as far as I know. It does contain atropine and scopalamine and other mind bending agents. It is also very toxic - and it is easy to overdose. I strongly suggest you do more research - you may be exposing yourself to a lot of risk with little or no benefit as far as clusters go.
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25th, 2004, 2:21pm »

Biker,

Sorry to hear the beast has returned. Sending vibes you get a very short cycle this time around. Welcome back.

on Jun 25th, 2004, 11:34am, floridian wrote:
Jimson weed does not contain LSD or any clusterbusting medicine, as far as I know. It does contain atropine and scopalamine and other mind bending agents. It is also very toxic - and it is easy to overdose. I strongly suggest you do more research - you may be exposing yourself to a lot of risk with little or no benefit as far as clusters go.

I strongly suggest you take Floridian's advice. He is very knowledgeable in this subject if you didn't already know that. Thanks Floridian.
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25th, 2004, 4:25pm »

Yeah, I've had that "I think they're gone for good" feeling before.
I just know better now.
I gotta couple of pf yrs ahead of me though.
Chris enjoying it while it lasts...
IP Logged

Chris
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 25th, 2004, 10:08pm »

We strongly suggest not using the Jimpsom weed . . .and we strongly suggest you heed Floridian's advice.  Check out clusterbusters . . .the research done there is excellent .. .and it works for a lot of people (D has been p/f for 6 weeks and counting) . . .
Please, be careful, and take care of yourself.
*positive light and energy*
D/miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: Jun 27th, 2004, 6:21pm »

I will most certainly look under the cluster busters topic.  Anything would be better than waiting for the next episode.   While dancing, I get kinda desprate to rid myself of the devil in my head.  Even the shadows are gettin a bit annoying.  I can see myself loosing employment over this----again.  Has anyone ever heard of anyone recieving SSI over the headaches???
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 28th, 2004, 12:52pm »

Biker, I wondered about the same thing. . .and I  know there are people who receive SSI or SSD . . .I've read on the social security site, it's not one of the automatic qualifiers, but it can be done . . .We chose not to go with it . . .but have that as a reserve for just in case . . .
*positive light and energy*
D/miapet
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2004, 12:54pm by miapet » IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #10 on: Jun 28th, 2004, 3:19pm »

I had to take a medical leave of absence for about a month my last cycle. I know it sux but it's better than just losing your job. And unless you're an undocumented worker, they have to let you take it if need be.
IP Logged

Chris
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #11 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 6:59am »

Hi Biker,

Sorry to hear you're back in cycle.

I'm diagnosed chronic and have finally applied for SSD. My case is in the early stages of being processed. I did contact an attorney that I found on a link at the OUCH site, whom said they would take my case on a contingency basis. I haven't made the decision yet as to  whether or not I'm going to hire them. I'll keep you posted.

PFNAD,

Alley
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
YMe
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Living for those PFD's!!!

« Reply #12 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 10:31pm »

Sorry to hear that you're back after so long.  I've also just returned after 8 months of blissfull pfd's with two days consecutive kip7's and have all the symptoms of classic sinus congestion.  Going to try a different strategy this season, will try to keep the congestion at bay and see if that will keep the ch away also.  So far have managed the day but have that baseball-bat-to-the-head sensation.
 Sad
I didn't realise that pain-free spells could run into years.  Yikes! Shocked
Best wishes for a quick return to normal.
IP Logged

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.
911please
New Board Newbie
Canada 

better to be pissed off, than pissed on...I think

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jul 14th, 2004, 10:46pm »

I am researching the shrooms up here in Canada. When I find them and try them I'll let you know how they work. Anything to break this cycle I will try.
 I have eaten shrooms before for recreational purposes and always laughed my face off. O to laugh again instead of carrying around the grimace and facial tension that is associated with these.

O mushroom god get here soon.

Doug..
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss