Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 8:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « PLEASE READ!! Desperate teacher here :( »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   PLEASE READ!! Desperate teacher here :(
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: PLEASE READ!! Desperate teacher here :(  (Read 591 times)
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

PLEASE READ!! Desperate teacher here :(
« on: Jun 23rd, 2004, 11:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,
Yesterday posted about doc. being sick not being able to get my script filled etc.  
Go t great replies.
Anyway tried going about my business (up since 2:15)
went to my clients house (I'm a private special education teacher/ behavior analyst for "babies" newly diagnosed children with autism)

I had a full blown attack right as I walked into the house. I felt it creeping through out the early am after having a wonderul attack @ 2:15... then came the shadows and then BAM!!!!

Panic.  eek

Father took me to a fire department. I was going to try to get the O2 as all have suggested. I was basically turned away!

Went to another and then turned away!!!  
How do you all establish the relationships with the departments???

Mom wanted to take me to the hospital.  
I am mortified!!!!  
You just can't conceal these bastards!! Angry
I have tried to explain and even suggested to people that they look at the websites to be better informed.

WTF!!!!!!!  

Man what to do. It's been over 3hrs mad intense and I finally got home after pacing in front of this lovely family for what seemed like an eternity.

Trying to explain that I really just need to be left alone.  
Families really want to help because of all the help I provide for their children but ya know... I was lost.

I finally popped a Xanax just to calm myself.

What do people do if and when these occur in a professional situation?? worried

People put their children's lives in my hands and I just can't do my job as of late!!
I am damn good at what I do but right now I'm a bit depressed.

Thanks for listening!!

Eric

IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stuck in the middle with you!

kimmiedawn8199   kimmiedawn21

Re: PLEASE READ!! Desperate teacher here :(
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23rd, 2004, 11:38am »

I understand what you're going through.  Unfortunately, cluster headaches are very misunderstood.  Once they get to the worst stage, they don't care where you're at or what you're doing, they will hit at the most inopportune times.  I never thought I would have one at work, and I did a few weeks ago.  It was so embarrassing and unnerving, people want to help, and you just want some privacy b/c you don't want them to see you like that.  Unfortunately, I get sick with mine.  So, I was in and out of the public restroom with everyone hearing me get sick, makeup everywhere all over my face b/c my eye and nose were running.  But Eric, I've been pf for one week now, doctor started me on a prednisone taper and that seems to be kicking the CH in the ass.  I hope that things work out and you get better.  I'm not sure what the DR prescribed for you, but I got Imitrex shots, and luckily I haven't had to use any yet.  Good luck with everything!

Kim
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23rd, 2004, 11:51am »

On the prednisone taper, Depakote, Zomig to abort> vioxx> fiorecet blahablah...

If the panic kicks in then take the Xanax  

Tell ya. I loved the Zomig but am out and the Xanax helped me regain my sanity.

But I thought it was hard enough having a loved one see you like this. Crazy to have a client.

I looked like a schizophrenic pacing the streets: coffee in hand and smoking  smokinconfused  
(None of my clients know I do I have learned all the tricks to conceal so that even those who are most offended don't really know)  

Anyway Just bugged out and appreciate your response!!

Good luck and feel well!!

Eric
IP Logged

Space in-between them
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:08pm »

In a professional situation, you might want to give imitrex stat dose injections a try.  In a work situation, I have gone to the restroom at the first signs of an attack and the shot would work within 5 minutes.  Talk to your doctor about a few samples and see if it works for you.

good luck,

john
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23rd, 2004, 1:46pm »

As far as the fire dept goes...  talk with them prior to an attack and let them know what you need when you get an attack and that it avoids an ER trip.  Bring them some info on O2 and CH when you go.  Establish rapport prior to going there looking like a mad man.   Grin

John's suggestion is probably best.  If you can only get limited quantities of imitrex injections, then it may be best to wait for one of those situations you described to use it.  I have to do the same...save the trex for work.

Good luck!

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 23rd, 2004, 3:54pm »

Thanks to all of you!!

Yeah I managed to calm down and was able to get to the F.D. near my house.
Since I was rationale and articulate at the moment the guy fully understood. He toldm ethe procedure and what todo if and when it happens.  

It was nice atleast for peace of mind!

Thanks again.
eric
IP Logged

Space in-between them
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #6 on: Jun 23rd, 2004, 7:23pm »

Eric,

I've been doing what Giovanni suggested, but I have the nasal trex.  Small, compact and can be taken in an instant when you feel them coming at work.  Takes longer and I've not timed a few very well and had to put the shades on at work until it stopped, but it has saved my job.  I always have them at work.  
  The short down time due to not catching them in early enough, can be hidden by taking a break at that time.  The oxygen I use at home.    
  Good luck and get the prevents right and always carry some sort of abortive.  In an eight hour span at work that can happen up to three times, which will fast become a problem.  Make sure the doc knows of the problems it is causing on the job.  
  You did good establishing that contact at the firehouse.  That can be a good backup for those out-of-meds times.  Welcome

Kevin M
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 24th, 2004, 3:55am »

on Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:08pm, Giovanni wrote:
In a professional situation, you might want to give imitrex stat dose injections a try.  In a work situation, I have gone to the restroom at the first signs of an attack and the shot would work within 5 minutes.  Talk to your doctor about a few samples and see if it works for you.

good luck,

john

I have to use Imitrex injections everyday. It cuts the pain way back to 5 - 20 minute HA's (each). It's better than having several 45 -120 minute wall bangin' head butters !
 bash
Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
wannascream
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 24th, 2004, 2:24pm »

Just FYI - a non-smoker ALWAYS knows when someone smokes no matter how hard you try to hide it...
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 24th, 2004, 2:33pm »

on Jun 24th, 2004, 2:24pm, wannascream wrote:
Just FYI - a non-smoker ALWAYS knows when someone smokes no matter how hard you try to hide it...

Huh
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #10 on: Jun 24th, 2004, 2:34pm »

Not being a wise ass here!!!
Seriously though there are "dirty smokers" and "clean smokers" I'll discuss that some other time if those are curious.  
I seriously tell you that All of my clients who do not (smoke) as well as many who do not know me really couldn't tell.  
Maybe we'll meet some day hopefully out of "cycle" when I'm not chain smoking (I can even smell the stench but calms me so F it) where you can definitely tell  or I should say NOT  Grin
Take care,
Eric  smokin

IP Logged

Space in-between them
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #11 on: Jun 24th, 2004, 2:41pm »

HuhHuh? I am with Eric on this one, professionally no one knows I smoke, no one, most people look at me when they see me smoke are completely schocked, then again why the f*ck and I saying anything about this LMAO! I need a smoke laugh smokin Andrea
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #12 on: Jul 1st, 2004, 11:52pm »

I'm a teacher. In the olden days when all I had was an Imitrex pill, I once had one in the middle of Open House, with all these parents lined up to talk to me. And I talked to them! They all had funny looks on their faces for some reason, though.  

I never had them at work before this year, when I discovered how to split up Imitrex stat doses and the CHs started coming more often, I think as a result.  

pam
IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss