Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 8:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « things can get better »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   things can get better
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: things can get better  (Read 332 times)
J.ten_Dam
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

things can get better
« on: Jun 21st, 2004, 3:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Cheesy Hi  everyone. I have not been on the message board for quite some time, but I have been very buisy and I have been enjoying my nearly pain free time.
For the ons that do not know me I have been cronis since 1998. Never been PF for longer than two weeks with or without medication. Yet sice April this year although I have not been PF the pain has become bearable. I have not used Imigran since the beginning of April and have been med free since May. I still have the shedaws every day and short attacks at kip 3 everyday but this is a great relief. I used to get hit 3 to 5 times a day by kip 7 to 9 and used half a dose of imigran upto 4 tims a day depending on how bad it was.
I am strongly convinced that too much and too long usage of the medications we take are the bad doers.
I noticed when I had to stop medication because I had become immune to it that the longer I stayed med free the better my new prescription worked. When my neuro wanted me to try  prednison I refused and just stayd med free as long as I could with the help of imigran and ice and then restarted my medication.
In this manner in december I started melatonin at 12mg at night after being totally med free for two excruciating months of hell. I stopt medication in April because as I mentiond above things were going good. The speach and memory problems as wel as the tyerdness and heavy sweting at night that I used to have while taking Verampamiel are things of the past. I feel great even tough I definitly am not PF and my eye stil swels amd hangs and my nose gets stuffy or starts running. Maby I am growing to old to be a clusterhead. Grin. I wish everyone better days preferably.
regards Joke
IP Logged

wish you PFDAN
thomas

Email

Re: things can get better
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21st, 2004, 3:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Joke, that is such good news, I'm am so excited to hear that you are doing so well. Grin
IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21st, 2004, 5:14pm »

Wonderful news J.!!! You must be so happy!
Thank you for posting what worked for you.
It is so encouraging to learn that CH does improve sometimes.
Have fun, laugh a lot and may CH be gone forever!
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22nd, 2004, 4:22pm »

Congratulations, Joke! Seeing all the pain that you had to deal with, it  is absolutely great that you found melatonin to work for you.

I am so happy for you!
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
J.ten_Dam
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30th, 2004, 12:58pm »

Thank you and I hope you all may also have a break. I am still doing resonably fine but am affraid that the good times are changing. I can see now what an episodic might feel.  
regards Joke
IP Logged

wish you PFDAN
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 30th, 2004, 8:17pm »

We are sending you lots of *positive energy and light*
We too believe that the medications the medical world so strongly believes in, is really not helpful to clusterheads . . .
I hope your pain stays away . . .minimal at worst . . .gone at best *smiles*
*positive light and energy*
D/miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss