Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 8:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « So There I was......... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   So There I was.........
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So There I was.........  (Read 311 times)
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

So There I was.........
« on: Jun 19th, 2004, 3:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Had to go to my future X - Neuro on Thursday Emergently due to HA.  He gave me Demerol take 2 , 100MG tabs and call me in the morning type thing.  Well Guess What???

I am ALLERGIC to The TAB form of Demerol....SOOO  There I was in the F@#KING ER gasping for air, broken out in a NICE and I mean NICE facial an neck RASH student nurses poken me for IVs WITH A CLUSTER!!!! Good Thing I work in a Hospital and was there at the time My co workers were like DUDE U dont look so good!

Just shoot me now and before you POUNCE on ME SUPER PAIN I'm in on the 28th!!! Tongue

MYNM156
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2004, 3:46pm by mynm156 » IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: So There I was.........
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19th, 2004, 4:42pm »

Damn, man.  That sucks.  I am glad you are okay, now.  So, how many student nurses ended up being treated in the ER?

Demerol.  I've had headaches that laughed at 200mg of Demerol.  He couldn't give you a couple samples of Zomig or trex or something?  Gheez!  So, I take it you won't be calling him in the morning?  

Gator
IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19th, 2004, 5:04pm »

glad you survived the meds-allergy . . .and more glad that you are not going back to the quack.
*positive light and energy*
D and miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19th, 2004, 5:21pm »

Thanks guys there were two student nurses and they did a pretty good job for looking like they were about to faint. (Forgive me a moment but even in my state I could still appreciate the fact one was some eye candy)  

As for the Zomig and Trex issue I have been in the midst of one of those no matter what I take its not gonna work 100% so I've beenleft with these brutal shadows and he gave 10 100mg Demerol tabs and said take 1-2 for break through pain if the zomig isnt knocking it all the way down.  Crazy thing is is that I have had IV Demerol plenty of times in ER or even in surgery without any issues but the generic tab must have something to it or in it that just says HEY wanna stop breathing?  FUCK ME.  So another one of my Doctor friends gave an Epi-Pen for in the future.  Lets hope there isnt any more FUTURE episodes.

Oh well,

Thanks again guys and let there be pain free days ahead for us all!!!

MYNM156

PS  OH NO TRUST ME!!  I AM GOING TO CALL HIM IN THE MORNING!!!  bash
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2004, 5:23pm by mynm156 » IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
don

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 19th, 2004, 8:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
I AM GOING TO CALL HIM IN THE MORNING!!!  

I'd call him. At home around 3 AM.
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #5 on: Jun 21st, 2004, 5:01pm »

You sure are stubborn... laugh

Just FYI, I got in almost 2 weeks early by calling each day to check on cancellations.

If Cacioppo or Hetrick have an opening, get in asap.
If you get Cacioppo, send hugs and kisses and many thanks from Chris Stuckey!
IP Logged

Chris
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss