Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 2:08am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « EYE DOCTOR???? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   EYE DOCTOR????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: EYE DOCTOR????  (Read 254 times)
Carolann
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

EYE DOCTOR????
« on: Jun 15th, 2004, 10:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi fellow sufferers,

I'm happy to report that I haven't had any major headaches for a week, but my damn left eyelid is really starting to annoy me.  I think my vision is messed up too.

My neuro suggested I go see an eye doctor.  Has anybody had help from an eye doctor?

Thanks,
Carolann
IP Logged
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

Re: EYE DOCTOR????
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15th, 2004, 11:08pm »

I once had a stick poked in my eye as a boy. The eye doctor helped then.  laugh

Joking aside, never heard of any correlation or relief being found with the optometrist. There are times however when I'd pay one to extract my eyeball--though I'm sure the beast would jump to the other side immediately thereafter.  
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stuck in the middle with you!

kimmiedawn8199   kimmiedawn21

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16th, 2004, 12:29am »

Before I was diagnosed with CH my neuro was trying anything, so he told me that maybe I need to see an optomatrist (sp?).  I remember being in the chair with the light being blasted into my eye, and guess what.  I had a CH attack.......horrible.  But, in my experience, eye doctors cannot do anything for CH.  
Kim
IP Logged

pubgirl

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 16th, 2004, 6:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Carolann

It is most likely that your symptoms are being caused by a branch of the Trigeminal nerve running behing your eye which is affected during CH attacks. An eye doctor will be able to do diddly squat for this.

If you haven't had your eyes tested for a while though it can't do any harm, just make sure they know that this is one of the main autonomic symptoms of CH so they don't charge you for unnecessary treatment.

Wendy
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 16th, 2004, 8:43am »

For clusters, there is no evidence that it arises from eye disorders.

However, cluster-like pain can arise from a multiple of obscure eye diseases and so an exam by an M.D. eye doc will give you some peace of mind.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Jun 16th, 2004, 10:18am »

We ruled out everything when I got hit.  I had more damned examinations than I care to remember:  MRI, Eyes, Dental.  Nothing was found that could cause the attacks.  Eyelid swelling is a symptom of ch, but you said your vision is messed up.  How is your vision messed up?  Definitely would not hurt to see an eye doctor just to make sure.

IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #6 on: Jun 16th, 2004, 4:08pm »

FYI... If you do go, you want to see an opthamologist, not an optometrist.
IP Logged

Chris
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss