Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Not a Lurker; just new to the message board »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Not a Lurker; just new to the message board
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Not a Lurker; just new to the message board  (Read 353 times)
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

Not a Lurker; just new to the message board
« on: Jun 9th, 2004, 11:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi!

Just wanted to set the record straight. Someone called me a lurker. I know that she didn't mean anything derogatory by it, but it kind of reminded me of a peeping tom! She was right in that I have been browsing the CH site for a while. I was diagnosed as chronic in 2000, although I went through a couple of doctors and a sinus surgery B4 that. My neuro is presently maintaining me with Lithobid and Verapamil. The last couple of weeks I've been averaging about one hit a day although yesterday was particularly tough with four hits. Two of them were really bad - one took two hits of Imitrex, the other took three! I've only had one hit today - so far! THANK GOD FOR IMITREX!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, explain where I'm at and say "HI". Like I said, although I am new to the message board, I am not new to the site. I want to thank all of you for all of the info and help for Cluster sufferers posted on this site.  Cheesy You have helped me and countless others probably more than you know. May your selfless contributions come back to each and every one of you! Smiley

I am new not only to this message board, but this is the first time that I have used one- period! So please bear with me while I learn what I'm doing. I promise not to be so long-winded after this!

Thanks again,

Alley  Cool
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
BlueMeanie

Email

Re: Not a Lurker; just new to the message board
« Reply #1 on: Jun 9th, 2004, 11:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome Alley !!!    Cool
IP Logged
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10th, 2004, 12:14am »

Hi Alley.  
We saw you lurking out there and were wondering when you were going to come in  Wink
Sorry you had to find this place but there's lots of good people and info here so stick around.

Jim
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #3 on: Jun 10th, 2004, 12:25am »

THANKS!!!

Until I met Elaine, I felt like nobody really understood what I have been going through, including my wife. After meeting Elaine and hearing from some of ya'll, I feel as if I've found a long lost family! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

Alley
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 10th, 2004, 5:56am »

Hi Alley,

Nice to meet you.  

John

Smiley
IP Logged
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #5 on: Jun 10th, 2004, 9:03am »

Welcome to the family!

Don't worry about messing up while you are learmimg the message board thing.

I've found that the people here are very patient and forgiving.

Long winded messages are also not a rarity here.

Stick around and enjoy our company and we'll enjoy yours likewise.

Pat
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
no-one
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

aude sapere        cogito ergo         disce pati

beckyulissi   Becku22

« Reply #6 on: Jun 10th, 2004, 9:23am »

Hi Alley,

Don't worry about lurking, I was one for about 2 years before I had enough nerve to post for the first time.
I am sorry that you had to find us but I am very glad that you did. I have learned more here than I have from all my Dr.'s.  You will find that we are one big ( crazy ) family.  

Hugs

Becky
IP Logged

"Be who you are and say what you feel...Because those that matter....don't mind....And those that mind....don't matter."

Man is what he believes. Anton Chekhov

Unless you believe, you will not understand.
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 10th, 2004, 10:06am »

Hi Alley and welcome!

Imitrex X 2 for ONE hit???

Imitrex X 3 for another one??  

And in the SAME DAY!??????

Full Imitrex doses???  I hope not......?????

I will let the others address this, who have more experience with Trex.

But WELCOME and STICK AROUND!!    

Little Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #8 on: Jun 10th, 2004, 2:21pm »

Alley,

Welcome to the MB
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Jun 10th, 2004, 4:52pm »

on Jun 10th, 2004, 10:06am, Little Deb wrote:
Imitrex X 2 for ONE hit???

Imitrex X 3 for another one??  

And in the SAME DAY!??????

Full Imitrex doses???  I hope not......?????

Sweet wine!  You must have a heart made of cast-iron!  In what form are you taking Trex?  With tablets I might see it, since they suck.  

Wrokk... in awe of one who can afford and tolerate that much Trex
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
jonny

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jun 10th, 2004, 6:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Welcome aboard, Alley!

I here by knight you "Sir Alley" in the court of King jonny Grin

That means you are no longer a lurker.....You are family!

....................................jonny  Wink
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: Jun 11th, 2004, 3:43am »

Welcome to the board, Alley!  I am one of the boards registered novelists (long post writers) and I rarely get dinged for it.  Don't worry too much about it as long as you actually have something to say.  There have been a few that rambled nonsensically who got reamed.  If you have been reading from the wings, you know that while we are supportive as hell, there are times when we fuss and fight amongst ourselves just like any other dysfunctional family.  Just make sure to wear your thick skin when you post.  I'm glad you introduced yourself - as has been said before, I'm sorry you had to come looking for us, but damn glad you found us.

Again welcome!

Gator
IP Logged
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #12 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 12:50am »

Hi Everyone,

You guys are truly great! You really make me feel at home. Cheesy I lost this thread for a while and thought that I must have been censored for some reason. I finally found it again tonight. For some reason I thought I had posted in the newbie section(where I guess I should have been.) Anyway when I finally found it again, I felt like I had come home.

And yes you read right, Imitrex x2 and x3 for a single headache. No, I am not rich- quite the opposite. I don't know how strong my heart is and maybe I am pushing it, I don't know. No, I am not using full doses. I am using the auto-injector minus the auto-injector(three doses to one vial, like I learned on this site.) After I give myself an injection, I try to give it 15-20 min. to do its thing. If the pain doesn't seem to be easing up by then, I will repeat with another injection(if I have it), and then again if need be. Even though I can't afford it and know I'm pushing the dosage- it's like all that be damned if I have the trex and the hit is bad enough! Cry I would appreciate any feed back you guys want to give and don't worry about being blunt.

Thanks to everyone for your patience while I learn to post. When I couldn't find my thread, I emailed Elaine to find out what I had done wrong. She told me to tell ya'll that I'm the lurker that she had lunch with, and since she had posted about that on the general board, everyone would know who I am. Wink  

Thanks,

Alley (Bob)
IP Logged

Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #13 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 12:59am »

Well, it is one shitload of Trex, but you gotta do what ya gotta do.  The shit hurts.

Mayhaps you should have your doc try some of the other triptans... you may respond better to one of those.  Many here swear by Zomig.  Just have your doc raid the sample cabinet... try a few of each... that is what I do.

Rock
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stuck in the middle with you!

kimmiedawn8199   kimmiedawn21

« Reply #14 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 1:07am »

Hi everyone, I'm 22 yrs. old, I was diagnosed with cyclical cluster headaches about 8-9 yrs. ago.  I'm having a particularly rough time right now, I've been averaging about 3 a day and I work full time and I'm going to school, so I feel that I  might go insane anytime now.  I started crying as soon as I came across this site.  There really are people that know what I'm going through.  I get tired of my family and friends saying, "I can only imagine," and "I wish there was something I could do."  I know that they mean well, but I just want someone out there to have the answer as to why I am being blessed with this horrible pain and suffering that I go through daily.  Anyhow, I just wanted you to know that it means a lot that there are people out there that know what I'm going through.

Thanks, Kim Smiley
IP Logged

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #15 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 1:20am »

Hey Kim,

on Jun 12th, 2004, 1:07am, kimmiedawn81 wrote:
 I started crying as soon as I came across this site.  There really are people that know what I'm going through. Thanks, Kim Smiley

Yep, lot of people have said the same thing. Welcome to the board. But sorry you had a reason to come looking.  If you're a Clusterhead this is the best place to be.
Since this string is about Not a Lurker, you might do good to start a new string and tell us more about yourself. Anyway, welcome again. Hope to see a lot of you.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #16 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 1:47am »

Thanks Rock,

I tried Zomig(nasal spray). It doesn't seem to work too good for me. I've tried a couple of other abortives too, including Ergomar tabs but they didn't work. My neuro isn't afraid to experiment. Right now I'm experimenting with Lithobid trying to hit on the right dosage. He had me up to 1500 mg a day. Right now I'm taking 900 mg one day and 1200 mg the next- back and forth. So far it seems to be working pretty good, but I know from experience not to get comfortable because nothing works forever. He had me on 720 mg of Verapamil per day, but I cut that back to 480 a day.  

Hey Rock thanks again for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I'm open to anything that might bring some relief and help me lead a more normal life. Grin

Hey Kim, welcome. 22yo and dealing with chronic CLs for 8-9yrs.-WOW!! God bless you! I'll just echo what Gator told me, "Sorry you had to come looking for us, but glad you found us."

Bob
IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #17 on: Jun 12th, 2004, 5:37am »

Welcome to the board Alley & Kim  Wink
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss