Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 6:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Try it u might like it. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Try it u might like it.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Try it u might like it.  (Read 387 times)
pokemom
New Board Newbie
USA 

miles of smiles!

Try it u might like it.
« on: Jun 5th, 2004, 4:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

ALKALOL a soothing topical Mucus Solvent and cleaner.

Alkalol should be used from one-half  to full strenght-perferably warm.
Nose-Use in  a douche cup(i use measuring plunger with tlb, and tsp on it.

1 tlb sp water to 1 tlb spoon solution

Put several drop's Roll Eyes in your nose and lean back letting the solution run back into the sinus's lean your head foward and let it run back out into the sink. I did this regiman several time during the day. The ingredence in this solution a not harmfull and it feels really good. Opens up your head. I have had clusters for several years or so. I also have MS and maybe that' is the reason for my Cluster HA.  Or maybe it is sinus. I don't know. You can get this solution at your pharmacy(u have to ask for it). Its only about  3.00 buck or so.  Heck we have tried everything else. Give it a try. Just thought I would share. Lots of love and happiness and God Bless.
Poke`mom Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2004, 4:18pm by pokemom » IP Logged

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose! (JJ) Robin
floridian

Email

Re: Try it u might like it.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 5th, 2004, 9:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
Active Ingredients
Alcohol (2/100 of 1%); Thymol; Eucalyptol; Manitol; Camphor; Benzoin; Potassium Alum; Potassium Chlorate; Sodium Bicarbonate; Sodium Chloride; Oils of: Sweet Birch; Spearmint; Pine; Cinnamon
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 6th, 2004, 7:23pm »

Quote:
Nasal irrigation can alter the environment of the nasal cavities and sinuses, making them more conducive to the growth of certain water-loving bacteria such as Pseudomonas. Also, irrigation should not be performed if you are suffering from acute sinusitis (an acute bacterial infection of the sinuses), since it could facilitate spread of the infection to the other sinuses, the eyes or throat. For these reasons, you should NOT irrigate your nose unless instructed to do so by your doctor.

Maybe if I irrigate and throw on a nice copper bracelet I can dispose of all that imitrex clogging up my med cabinet.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2004, 7:33pm by don » IP Logged
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jun 6th, 2004, 8:43pm »

I had a sinus infection along with my last episode.  Doc & I felt that the pressure from the sinus infection may have aggravated the severity of my CH episode.  

Ended up irrigating with mild saline.  Was shocked at how painful it was at first... an indication that I really did have a nasty infection.  Took a fair amount of effort to let the sinus soak for a full minute... pain.  Mean bloody clots broke out of my snout.

Did that a few times a day for a week.  After two days it became a fairly pleasant experience, as Poke indicated.   I did not realize the amount of pressure &  buildup I had until the round of irrigation.

Enjoy,
Rock
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
pokemom
New Board Newbie
USA 

miles of smiles!

« Reply #4 on: Jun 7th, 2004, 12:19am »

I only said to try it not do it 24/7 q4hrs.   Lips Sealed
I don't think I would do this with a bad sinus infection though. I think I would ok it with my ENT first. I just have a dry stopped up nose a lot. And its helped me to breath better. I am aware it is not for everyone. I only want to give someone an idea to try.  Just wanted some dang relief. K.. Undecided

Miles of smiles to everyone today! Grin
Poke`
IP Logged

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose! (JJ) Robin
don

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 7th, 2004, 10:05pm »

I'm just cranky.

Truth be told this cycle is raising big hell with my sinuses not like ever before. When I'm not under attack I have a constant dull sinus headache.

Maybe I'll just try that stuff or something to irrigate the head plumbing.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss