Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 2:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Coming to a close? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Coming to a close?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Coming to a close?  (Read 300 times)
Mike_Easton
New Board Newbie
USA 

YUP

Coming to a close?
« on: Jun 4th, 2004, 2:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi I have had clusters now, for about 5 1/2 weeks and I think they are going to draw to a close very soon. 2 weeks ago it was at its zenith in pain k-9's with an occasional k-10 6-7x a day. Now it is 8's and 9's with maybe 1 k10 or k7 every 3 days. The frequency has also gone down to 5. I dont know if it is the medicine or it is close to the end. BTW this is my first cycle.

Question 1: Are these signs of a cycle ending? and if so, how much longer do I have to go?

Question 2: How many weeks do yours last?

Thanks
IP Logged

No my name isnt Michael, nor Easton, No I dont live in South Carolina. I am 14 though.

Still waiting to see if chronic or episodic.
floridian

Email

Re: Coming to a close?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 4th, 2004, 2:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It's hard to say if its coming to an end or not - different people have different patterns. My pattern has changed over time.   For some people, it justs stops, for others, it fades out.  For me, the most common pattern is for it to gradually builds, then gradually fade.  Sometimes at the end of a cycle I get a really bad attack, then its gone.  

« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2004, 2:28pm by floridian » IP Logged
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jun 4th, 2004, 3:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My last episode went out with a bang... had a brutal weekend of CH's that broke through the preventatives, then nada.  

Before my last one I would have said 6-8 weeks.  Last one was 15 weeks +/-.

Man... sounds like you are putting up with some rough stuff.  I am a relative wuss... I load up on the preventatives until I have almost no CH activity... then slam those with a shot of Trex.

Good luck,
Wrock  
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2004, 12:41am by Lobster » IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 4th, 2004, 5:44pm »

on Jun 4th, 2004, 2:12pm, Mike_Easton wrote:
Question 1: Are these signs of a cycle ending? and if so, how much longer do I have to go?

No one can answer those questions, Mike.....No one!

......................................jonny
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 6th, 2004, 11:33am »

Mike,

You really never know when it will end. Sometimes it seams like it's ending, but then starts right back up. I've had cycles that end after a couple weeks of shadows and just lighter KIP 3-5's, and other cycles that just end after a KIP 10 with no shadows. My cycles vary in lenghts anywhere from 8-18 weeks. Normal is 12-14 weeks. Everyone's cycles are different. It's almost impossible to predict.

Hope your cycle ends soon !!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss