Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 25th, 2024, 7:49pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Can anyone be so unlucky!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Can anyone be so unlucky!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can anyone be so unlucky!!  (Read 377 times)
Lili
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Can anyone be so unlucky!!
« on: May 20th, 2004, 3:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Can someone be so unlucky to suffer from both cluster and migraine?? Clusters manageble, althoug I don't understand what is happening.  It's like it aborts for a few days with Cafegot, and then returns, comes and goes.   No daily routine with climax as normal. just sporadic.  Never had it like this?  Trust me, its clusters! I know the devil intemately.   But what concerns me is the broken pattern.  Is the cagergot really aborting it?  And to add to the fun, the migraines driving me mad! Oxygen helps, have triptans. Threw up sunday night for 1st time in my life from migraine. Is it direclty linked to insomnia and stress? I suffer from headaches all my life, but I am highly stressed. My car was stolen 3 weeks ago, and this set off this terrible bout of both, where I sometimes just don't know what to do anymore. Together with NOT BEING ABLE TO SLEEP. Advice please? I take sleeping tablets, which we know is ineffective against clusters, but i wake up at the slightest noise, even the cat jumping over the gate!  And then I just can't go back to sleep.  I can't anymore!  I am so tired!  My therapist wants to book me into hospital to "remove the stess", do brain tests and blood tests, and see (I also have AADD), not sleep therapy though.  SHe thinks my body doesn't release Omega 3 &  6, which is causing insomnia.  She also wants to get behind the cause of the headaches.  Are there a cause for Clusters then? And migraines?
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: Can anyone be so unlucky!!
« Reply #1 on: May 20th, 2004, 3:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Try melatonin, see if that will help you sleep and keep you from having clusters.  Yes people can have both, but most would rather have migraine than ch.
IP Logged
Lili
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: May 20th, 2004, 3:26pm »

definately true!  can walk around with migraine!  Ch kinda stops you in your tracks.   Do you think it the body's way of FORCING you to stop?  I find specially with the oxygen - it forces me to keep still and kind of settle down, altough calmness is a foreign word.   Any advise on this hospital thing?  It's like a mountain in front of me!   What are they going to proof?  I feel it will be a waste and more medication.   But everyone else seems to think I should go.  Even my mom, who is generally the "leave it alone" type, and my boss.  I just doubt they will find a cause.  What causes CHs?   What causes migraine?  What causes insomnia?  Insomnia is a symptom of headaches, so?
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 20th, 2004, 4:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

your insomnia could be caused by low melatonin levels, which can cause ch in some people, i strongly urge you to check with your doc about melatonin.
IP Logged
rickie
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: May 25th, 2004, 10:12pm »

I know this may sound assnine ,but if the drugs are'nt working, try starting clean. just a thought.sometime we need to step back and try again.
Lets hang in there and beat this thing. GTO(good thoughts only) or (a cool car in the 60's)
IP Logged
aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

« Reply #5 on: May 26th, 2004, 9:38am »

I'd listen to Thomas and your Doctor...

I suffer from both CH and Migraine also, and my CH has changed patterns from time to time.  

Sending PF vibes to ya  Good luck sweetie!!
IP Logged
Lili
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: May 26th, 2004, 1:52pm »

Hi Aprilbee
Please, please can I have your email address.  Of everything, what bothers me worse is the changing patterns of the cluster headaches,  it drives me crazy.  This may sound horrible, but I prefer the way it was, cause I could almost "plan" accordingly - knowing that 3pm and 3am are the most likely time.  Now it's like a timebomb that can go of anytime.  Sometimes days, even weeks goes by without, and as soon as I get possitive, one hits.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss