Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 3:42am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Different after treatment »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Different after treatment
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Different after treatment  (Read 315 times)
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

Different after treatment
« on: May 20th, 2004, 11:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This year is the first time I have gone to see Doc about CHs.

He did determine that it is episodic CHs and started with treatment.  

At my request, he is staying at the lighter end of the scale with the drugs right now. I also had him skip the preventives for now since I am not chronic.

He had me try Maxalt. I think it is more commonly used for migraine sufferers. This did actually help a little as an abortive for me. I tried it a few times during night time attacks and was able to actually get some sleep.

This is where things changed on me.

I suddenly went pain free for over 2 weeks.  I don't know if trying meds for the first time broke the cycle or what.

Now, after allergy season started, I have started getting CHs in the day time, which I have never really had much of a problem with in the past. These are usually only about Kip 4-5 as opposed to the Kip 9s and 10s that I would have at night time. I still haven't had any more night time ones.

The thing that really took me by surprise though is yesterday afternoon when I got a Kip 6 on the wrong side of my head. I almost dropped my Guiness into my grill it hit me so fast.

What the hell is going on here?  
Is this normal?  
Am I some kind of freak of nature?

What should I expect next?

Pat
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

Re: Different after treatment
« Reply #1 on: May 20th, 2004, 11:38am »

My attacks have changed over the years......I now have more types of hits. By that I mean they now vary in intensity, length, ramp up and ramp down time, and just simply the way they feel. At least for me the demon morphs and mutates....

As to if you are normal or a freak of nature, I'll leave that answer to you and those that know and love you..... Grin

What should you expect next? Lemme know if you find someone that can answer that one......I have a few questions for that person too.....

Bill
IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
thomas

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 20th, 2004, 11:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You never know what to expect with this fucker.  It will come and go as it pleases.  Angry
IP Logged
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: May 20th, 2004, 11:51am »

I guess the most confusing thing in this situation was the CH that hit on the wrong side of my head.

Is this common? Could it be a sign that my HAs are of a different type?

I know form my own experience that it was indeed a CH or at least the same thing I get on the right side of my head.
I've also been getting daytime phantoms on that side. I thought I was going nuts.

I'm sure that this has already been covered somewhere but I haven't found it yet.

At this point, I would rather trust the opinion of people who actually have CHs and understand them than the opinion of a Doctor.

I think that this group of people could give me a much better idea of what is going on here.

Pat
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 20th, 2004, 12:15pm »

For what it's worth, mine have never changed sides......that's not to say it can't happen, just hasn't happened to me.  

Bill
IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
thomas

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 20th, 2004, 1:35pm »

They can change sides Pat, there are many who get them on both sides or have them switch every so often.  Undecided
IP Logged
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #6 on: May 20th, 2004, 4:23pm »

And some people have the incredible "luck" of  the cluster switching sides during an attack!
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: May 20th, 2004, 4:25pm »

on May 20th, 2004, 4:23pm, ave wrote:
And some people have the incredible "luck" of  the cluster switching sides during an attack!

Not what I wanted to hear but exactly what it is starting to look like.

Thanks.
IP Logged

mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #8 on: May 21st, 2004, 6:19pm »

Atleast you saved your beer.  Sorry to tell ya there big fella but this Beast lives to F@%K with you.  Anywhere anytime anyplace.  What until your havein SEX!!
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #9 on: May 21st, 2004, 9:06pm »

D's have switched sides (more than once).  Umm, but, if you're in cycle, you might want to lay off the Guiness until it ends since drinking can be a tigger (while in cycle anyway).  
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #10 on: May 21st, 2004, 9:18pm »

Definately stop drinking. About the only trigger most everyone agrees on around here is the alcohol.

My clusters have switched side a few cycles. Normally always on the right side, but a few times i have had cycles on the left. Strange, but as already posted, the beast hits whenever  and wherever it feels like it.
IP Logged
k9n8
New Board Newbie
USA 

finding ways around something becomes a circle

« Reply #11 on: May 23rd, 2004, 12:53pm »

I would be SHOKED if my CH appeared on the other side of my head. I have had them for like 10 years on the same side. I have grown VERY accustomed to protecting the left side of my head. When it does switch sides, does the nose run on the new side, does the eyeball pierce and run on the new side as well? That seems SO wierd, whatever is causing this appears to be not a physical thing but a chemical thing. I hope I am alive when progress is made in this area, I am really curious as to who/what is torturing me and what the HELL THEY WANT!!!!!
IP Logged

"GOOD, BAD, I'M THE GUY WITH THE GUN." -Ash
FZfan
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Not Insane

Email

« Reply #12 on: May 23rd, 2004, 5:58pm »

Mine switch sides, never during a cycle, but I never know which side it will hit me on next cycle. Yes the same symptoms are repeated on the other side.

As to the cause, its physical. You have a malformed hypothalamus.
IP Logged

There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it. - FZ
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: May 23rd, 2004, 11:53pm »

on May 20th, 2004, 4:23pm, ave wrote:

Never had that happen

on May 23rd, 2004, 12:53pm, k9n8 wrote:
I would be SHOKED if my CH appeared on the other side of my head. I have had them for like 10 years on the same side.

For the first 12 years I was epesodic and attacks occured ONLY on the right side. October of 2000, I started this 'cycle' ... attacks mainly on the left side. (85% or so left) ... but I can have a right sided attack at anytime.  

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss