Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 5:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The War inside my head!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   The War inside my head!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The War inside my head!!  (Read 412 times)
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

The War inside my head!!
« on: May 10th, 2004, 10:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wont go away and this has been going on without mercy sence February.  How Much Imitrex SubQ can I safely take in one day two hasnt helped.  

anyway hope your days have been better guys.

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

Re: The War inside my head!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11th, 2004, 12:22am »

Is the Imitrex taking away the headache, but then you have another headache or is the Imitrex NOT helping ?

If it doesn't work, stop taking it and look for another abortive.

I'm chronic. Imitrex is my only relief. I use it as often as I need it. (4 mg injections) Anywhere from 2 - 8 times a day. Gotta keep an eye on the BP though.

Goodluck,
Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 11th, 2004, 9:54am »

Does oxygen not work? And for you unsolved? I found that triptans (imitrex) gave me such rebounds that it wasn't worth taking. Actually, about 5 days after the last pill my h/a became far more infrequent--but that's another story.  

Just for giggles mynm--how has your sleep been since Feb? Are you employed?
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: May 11th, 2004, 5:26pm »

Yeah I am OVER EMPLOYED.  I have sleep Apnea that I was put on CPAP for about a month aga that has helped some but not much.
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 11th, 2004, 5:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Really a tough question dude.  

If you do take more than recommended you should get checked by your doc regularly.  

Try O2 with the trex and maybe a different preventative.

PFDAN to ya'll

Sean
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 11th, 2004, 5:55pm »

I don't think anyone here in there right mind would recommend that you exceed the daily dosage limits set by the manufacturer.  Have you tried the imitrex tip?  If you are one of the fortunate ones that only need 1/3 dose to abort, then you would have 6 per day without exceeding the daily limit.

Additionally, I use alot of trex and I have never had a rebound HA.

You can't go wrong with O2...

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #6 on: May 11th, 2004, 9:47pm »

1/2 shot works for me most times. Read the info about O2. It will help from having to take so many shots all the time.

Sending Vibes. Sounds like it shouldn't be much longer if your episodic. Hope your cycle ends soon.
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: May 11th, 2004, 9:56pm »

on May 11th, 2004, 5:55pm, Prense wrote:
I don't think anyone here in there right mind would recommend that you exceed the daily dosage limits set by the manufacturer.  

I agree with Chris. Just because I've handle it, doesn't mean you (or anyone else) could. Imitrex could cause serious heart related problems. Everyone reacts to meds differently. Seek a neuro's advice on how much is 'enough'.  

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
HypnoticFreddy

Email

« Reply #8 on: May 11th, 2004, 11:08pm »

I have just had a CH revelation. It often appears in many posts, that  many CH sufferrers have other physical problems in addition to CHs. Like Sleep Apnea. Or maybe its not as serious and they only have BO or bad breath.  

Maybe I am wrong and should go to bed? But since I can't remember where my bed is due to 7 years of serious pyschotropic medicines prescribed to fend off CHs and other conditions, I may just crash here.

Still beats a CH. Goodnight from Loserville......Population....Me!

-Scott
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: May 11th, 2004, 11:14pm »

on May 11th, 2004, 11:08pm, HypnoticFreddy wrote:
I can't remember where my bed is

One word ...  

Topomax

"BeEn tHeRe AnD dOnE tHaT"
 Huh

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
Wendy1
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: May 13th, 2004, 10:00pm »

I am a veteran (20+) yrs. of c/h.  I have tried just about everything and been to just about every h/a clinic.  My last cycle over a yr ago, I was prescribed Verapamil (I had tried Verapamil previously with no luck).  I was prescribed 240 mg twice daily.  I upped myself to 360 mg twice daily and for the first time in 20 odd yrs I was able break my cycle with this large dose.  It did take a while to kick in, but I truly believe the large dose of Verapamil stopped my h/a and broke my cycle.

I am not saying this will work for everyone, and it might not even work for me the next cycle... you know the saying, what works one time doesn't necessarily mean it will work the next, and vise versa.

It's worth a try.  Be aware of low blood pressure with the large doses though.  Good Luck.
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: May 13th, 2004, 11:51pm »

I've heard of a few that has stopped their cycles using large doses of Verapamil. But,  .....
When I tried to up my dose ... it nearly stopped my heart. And I was only up to 400 mg.
  Undecided

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #12 on: May 14th, 2004, 9:54am »

Yeah Well after the ICEPICK that took me from my sleep lastnight and tormented me for the next two hours DEATH was sounding pretty damn appealing!!  This shit is getting old...hehehehe.....  but the 90% H2Os  have appeared! bigguns

MYNM156
IP Logged

Wendy1
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: May 16th, 2004, 11:09am »

Mynm156....  I hear ya... loud and clear...

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I would contemplate..... however... unfortunately there have been MANY times when I'd prefer death to ANOTHER one.... I would be embarrassed to admit this to anyone except my friends here.

Sometimes when a cycle starts, I just cry because I just don't think I can do it again, anyone feel the same?
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #14 on: May 16th, 2004, 12:56pm »

RIGHT ON Wendy!   This place is my only solice sometimes.   If it were not for the fact that I can come here and see that I am not alone in my dance with the BEAST I dont know if I could make it.

MYNM156
IP Logged

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #15 on: May 16th, 2004, 1:46pm »

At my darkest moments I would beg god to do it but he never would.

The beast can take you for a roller coaster ride, and its never fun.

PFDAN to ya'll.

Sean
IP Logged
Tim_Z
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: May 25th, 2004, 12:37am »

The hill seems to get a little bigger every time I get hit and I dont think I can climb it again but I do. It just seems the longer it goes on the harder it gets. I thought I was going insane during my last cycle, I was really depressed. My neuro asked me what I thought a good way to get rid of the pain would be and I told him get a gun. He said that sounds about right. Anyway I'm hoping my next cycle never comes. PFDAN to ya.

Tim
IP Logged
k9n8
New Board Newbie
USA 

finding ways around something becomes a circle

« Reply #17 on: May 25th, 2004, 6:17pm »

I think the worst part is (WAS) that I could not make anyone understand what this is all about. My family could not begin to understand, my friends thought I was crazy or just a puss. That makes things so much worse, thinking that there is something/someone is out to get me and they are pretty close.

On the other side, I have stitched my own cuts, have won countless pain dares, and am ready for torture (they will get NOTHING out of me). Nothing and I mean NOTHING compares to CH. Not a big kidney stone (it hurt, but not as bad), not a dog maul (that sucked, but again, no contest, and neither were the stitches I put in)
IP Logged

"GOOD, BAD, I'M THE GUY WITH THE GUN." -Ash
rbmb
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #18 on: May 25th, 2004, 7:48pm »

The pain from CHs is really something that has to be experienced to be believed......you can try to describe it to people but you can't really make them understand.
     The only pain that came close that I remember was from an infected ear I had once. I was in my 20s, young and tough, wouldn't go to a doctor until the pain got so bad I was driven to go. The Dr. examined my ear and gave me some antibotics but wouldn't give me anything for pain (I guess he thought I wanted drugs to get high.....I don't know why, he'd already examined me and knew I had an infected ear.... the bastard). I went home, took the antibotics(which take a long time to take effect)and swallowed aspirin by the handfulls. The pressure and pain in my ear got worse and worse and I was moaning and thrashing around on my bed. Finally I heard a popping noise and blood started running out of my ear and eventually the pain subsided. Never went to that doctor again. That the closest thing I've known to CH pain.
        Rich
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss